• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

A visit with Mr. Greenjeans

I had visit from the GW opening weekend last year. Saturday was raining like crazy so I waited till Sunday morning to start my season. Had been sitting about an hour when I noticed the green truck easing around the little field I sitting in. Had a doe two small bucks following her. Was hopeful a nice one might come out. GW drives all the way around my little area and finally parks and starts walking to my quadpod. I climbed down and meet him and he starts. Where’s the property line here? I said twenty yards that way where the poles are going around the field. You have license blah blah blah. I do and show him. Do you have permission to hunt here. I do. Do you have written permission to hunt here. No I don’t, don’t need it. Yes you do. I not so politely tell the land is no so posted so no I don’t. Yes you do! I told him we would ask the lawyer about it and see. WHERE IS THE ATTITUDE COMING FROM? It’s coming from you ruining my opening morning. At this point I was ready to go to jail.... didn’t care. Land owner is prominent lawyer in my area. He got pissed and unloaded my rifle and sat it down....I picked it up and reloaded it. He walked back to his truck looking over his shoulder as he did. If he showed back up I was going to file harassment charges. I was pretty pissed at the way he handled it. If he wanted to talk he could have waited at my truck that he drove by instead of ruining my opening morning.

Mr. GreenJeans is why I stopped hunting, not because I was doing illegal stuff, because I was always stopped and questioned, interrogated, harassed whatever you want to call it. They just take the pleasure out of what is meant to be enjoyed.

Mr. GreenJeans is why I stopped hunting, not because I was doing illegal stuff, because I was always stopped and questioned, interrogated, harassed whatever you want to call it. They just take the pleasure out of what is meant to be enjoyed.

You should Burn...Loot...Murder...while hunting. They wouldn't bother you anymore.

kinda like some other enjoyment people try to enjoy and are scrutinized at every turn

This makes me want to buy some equipment and process my own deer. I used when I was younger. Tell the dumb ass most poachers probably slaughter their I’ll gotten goods in the field and dump the carcass. He’s going to find almost 100% legal deer at most coolers. Our cooker requires it’s recorded before you can leave it with them.

Back
Top Bottom