• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

A1 C7 Stripped Uppers OOS NOW

Piglatinhater

Default rank <5000 posts
ODT Junkie!
82   3
Reaction score
It's been a minute but brownells has c7 a1 stripped uppers in stock. Black, no m4 feed ramps. I've been looking for 4+ months for my retro build

Upper is OOS but mags are still available

Pair up with their 20 round mags $8.50 on sale

Yeah but then you can't have the tear shaped forward assist button?
I am not sure what you are asking. I am saying these are not correct A1 uppers. If you want to build an A1 clone you don't want a built in brass deflector. They are not A1 or A2 because A2 would have the elevation wheel for the rear sight. Not sure what these are. Some kind of hybrid I guess.

I am not sure what you are asking. I am saying these are not correct A1 uppers. If you want to build an A1 clone you don't want a built in brass deflector. They are not A1 or A2 because A2 would have the elevation wheel for the rear sight. Not sure what these are. Some kind of hybrid I guess.
It could be used to build up an M16A2 "prototype." I have a barreled upper with this same configuration that is real, vintage, not a repro and somewhat rare.
20230428_084117.jpg

It could be used to build up an M16A2 "prototype." I have a barreled upper with this same configuration that is real, vintage, not a repro and somewhat rare.
View attachment 5652449
I was issued an M16 once that had no forward assist but I don't recall what the designated model was. May have been an XM16E1. You see my point though right? The items listed as A1 uppers are not true representations of an A1 Upper.

That's why they're referred to as "C7"

The A1 refers to the rear sight style (on this particular upper)

They're clone correct for some builds.

From retrorifles:

C7 (M16A1E1) Upper Receiver. This was a "transitional" model since it had a Shell Deflector for left hand shooters (like the A2) but otherwise retained A1 features.

Used most famously by Delta in the Mogadishu Fight and the Canadian issue rifles/carbines.

Back
Top Bottom