• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

A1 C7 Stripped Uppers OOS NOW

From retrorifles:

C7 (M16A1E1) Upper Receiver. This was a "transitional" model since it had a Shell Deflector for left hand shooters (like the A2) but otherwise retained A1 features.

Used most famously by Delta in the Mogadishu Fight and the Canadian issue rifles/carbines.

Ok, that makes sense. I just would have felt better if they had designated it as the M16A1E1. I was originally issued an A1 in mid 70s and would like to find an upper that would be correct to that rifle. Just threw me off when I saw the brass deflector. Back in my day if you were a lefty you got the goofy rig that clipped up under the carry handle for range use but otherwise just had to take your chances with hot brass.
In '81 I was in inactive reserve. I joined up in the Coast Guard in '83 and they were so behind that we were still using A1 rifles. That is where I saw the XM16 with no forward assist. This was long before there was any Dept of Homeland Security. Now they get the best stuff first. Back then we got hand me downs.

Ok, that makes sense. I just would have felt better if they had designated it as the M16A1E1. I was originally issued an A1 in mid 70s and would like to find an upper that would be correct to that rifle. Just threw me off when I saw the brass deflector. Back in my day if you were a lefty you got the goofy rig that clipped up under the carry handle for range use but otherwise just had to take your chances with hot brass.
I understand that completely, they didn't exactly make it clear lol!

No kidding, as soon as I replied I got an email from Shark Arms that they got some stripped A1 uppers in stock. I can't look at the webpage on this computer so you'll have to find their website since I can't post a link

I think they're reproductions but I'm not sure

No kidding, as soon as I replied I got an email from Shark Arms that they got some stripped A1 uppers in stock. I can't look at the webpage on this computer so you'll have to find their website since I can't post a link

I will check it out.

Repros.

rs=w:1023,h:1364,cg:true

Got any more pics of that? Looks very close to what I'm trying to mimic.
Pics of old upper on Double Star lower
20230428_091058.jpg
20230428_091102.jpg
20230428_091125.jpg

These pictures are of the receivers on an original mint condition 1966 Colt SP1.
20230428_091238.jpg

20230428_091207.jpg

Attachments

• 20230428_091238.jpg
    20230428_091238.jpg
    135.1 KB · Views: 1
The brass deflector doesn't bother me. But I really dislike forward assist. I guess maybe I need a semi slick side.
Aero makes those but I think they are flat tops. No carry handle. Spikes makes the best slick sides to me, no dust cover, forward assist or brass deflector.

Back
Top Bottom