A2 or Not A2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jackie Graham

Eagle Icon Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
676   0
Reaction score
Guys I am trying to determine if I need to put an A2 Rifle Stock and Buffer on my AR. I have an AR15 with a 20" GSE Upper and a Spikes Lower with a 6 position adjustable stock.

I am wanting to know if it is necessary to put an A2 Rifle Stock on it to properly accomodate the longer rifle barrel. I have fired it a few times with no problems but want to make sure I am not causing any damage to the buffer tube, spring or buffer.

Let me know your thoughts.

Thanks,
Jackie Graham

I have had a 6 pos stock on a 20 inch before, Worked great, but defeated the purpose of having 20 inches for more precision shooting. Went back to the fixed for that reason

Adjustable stock all the way if you like the adjustable length of pull. Canadian military uses 6 position stocks on their 20 inch rifles.

A2 if you care about LOP, or you simply prefer the look.

I have used both.

Heck, if you decide to go A2, I have one I would swap you

I actually found the A2 stock was a lot more comfortable for me, balanced my rifle out perfectly but I have rails and stuff that makes the gun muzzle heavy. I always shot mine with the stock fully extended anyways so figured I'd go ahead and put a more solid, heavier stock on it and the LOP would be the same. As far as function, I've never heard of any problems with em, but that's not my personal experience so don't take my word for it.

I've seen it configured both ways...16" with A2 stock and 20" with collapsible stock. Personally, if I was going to mis-match, I'd go A2 stock on 16", but that's purely for cosmetic purposes.

It wont cause damage as the springs are different for their respective buffer tubes. I wont cycle though if you have a rifle buffer spring in a carbine buffer tube. Either way, its personal preferance

Adjustable stock all the way if you like the adjustable length of pull. Canadian military uses 6 position stocks on their 20 inch rifles.

A2 if you care about LOP, or you simply prefer the look.

I have used both.

Heck, if you decide to go A2, I have one I would swap you

Really?? This is your example?? LOL!

As posted above, just make sure you match your buffer and spring to the tube of your choice.

I don't know of any reason your barrel length would effect you choice of stock? I mix and match
all the time. I prefer a fixed stock on my precision shooters, but use family friendly collapsible's
on many others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom