• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

A2 or Not A2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Guys, I think I am going to try a A2 stock. As some of you mention. Ballance & LOP are somewhat of an issue as it is a 20" stainless bull barrel with the free floated aluminum tube. So it is pretty front heavy expecially with a bipod mounted. I need a little more weight in the rear to ballance thing out.

I believe you'll be better off accuracy wise with the fixed stock. I've got some good collapsible stocks,
but nary a one compares with a fixed stock for repeatable accuracy. For the money, I've grown fond of the
longer Ace skeleton type on hunting rifles.

The standard A2 will likely be a bit more bag friendly though, and with a 20" bull you ain't likely gonna be
worried about any difference in weight. You can even add a little extra weight in the A2 for stability.

Allow me to suggest you get that crap off your 20". I do not care one bit for adjustable stocks. I can't imagine whacking someone with one and coming up with less than two pieces.

Allow me to suggest you get that crap off your 20". I do not care one bit for adjustable stocks. I can't imagine whacking someone with one and coming up with less than two pieces.

haha fine point. Might have to throw down. nothing beats a fixed stock when it comes to that. Give them the waffle imprint.

For an AR with a 16" barrel I would go with the adjustable stock.

My AR has a 24" barrel so the standard A2 Stock fits very nice and balances out the rifle.

A 20" AR is in the middle. I'd say if you have a 20" heavy barrel to go with the A2 stock and if you have a standard 20" barrel get an adjustable stock.

Good luck!

Thanks guys. I decided to order one from PSA. I have a 16" with a PSA lower and a CAA 6 position stock. I am going to make the PSA a complete PSA lower with an A2 stock and put it on the 20" BB Upper. Then I will put the Spikes lower on the 16".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom