• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Academy ammo

I stop in the one in macon a lot it seems they never have .303 in stock

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can never find a thing in the Macon store. It isn't built ground-up as an Academy so it always seems as if stuff is just crammed in there. Plus the customer service isn't the normal either, but it is all i got close by unless I drive up to athens.

Any examples?
I'd love To know why it appears so dismal there.
Honestly? Customers were the worst. The majority of people treat retail people like dirt. And they believe if a manager gets involved that they will get their way. Which they do most of the time.

For example:
I had a guy that shoved a 9mm Mak in a Springfield XD-9, shot it, and the casing expanded in the chamber. Then, being the genius he is, brought it in the store and handed it to me. Wanted to return the firearm and ammo, and get a new one, since the ammo box was not correctly labeled and made his gun break. I informed him that due to ATF and store policy, we can not return ammo or a firearm. He became belligerent, and demanded to speak to a manager. He got his way. I got in trouble for following the rules, and not doing what the customer wanted. Double edged sword. Knew I wouldn't be there long after that.

All in all, the constant poor attitudes (especially with people in dealing with firearms) makes it very difficult to work at any retail location, not just big box stores but also small ranges/gun stores. Everyone dogs the people at gun stores for being ill informed or know nothing, but the majority of the intelligent workers leave due to the ridiculous people they have to deal with.

Wow, surprised to hear the negative experiences. I've been very pleased with the Macon store's personnel. Never a bad attitude and helpful when I ask for anything. They even called me when I asked to be notified when they got in any more .22LR CCI Suppressor ammunition. I about fell out when the phone rang and it was one of the guys at the gun counter calling me to tell me they just got in 5,000 rounds.

That will never, ever, ever, in a million years happen at a Chin-Mart.

Back
Top Bottom