• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Academy sports 9mm ammo

Beulah Land

Default rank <3000 posts
An old song for an old soul
144   0
Reaction score
*At the time of this posting their price is $24.99

So I don’t really know what others would consider a “steal and deal” with 9mm ammo, but this is the cheapest I can find GOOD range ammo anywhere. It even comes out cheaper than when I was looking into buying bulk or when Walmart used to sell Winchester white box. I’m assuming there is probably some cheaper steel core ammo out there but I can’t shoot that in a range. It’s 124 gr too which some guns seems to like to feed better. I have been through probably 1,000 rounds of this so far with various pistols and have had no issues of any kind. Guns don’t seem to be too dirty afterwards either. Anyways, let me know if this is considered a good deal enough to post it so I know how to gauge ammo prices for this section in the future. I don’t think it is a sale price as they have had this for a couple months now, just a good range ammo deal(to me).

https://www.academy.com/shop/pdp/br...e-ammunition-150-rounds#repChildCatid=7262613

I bought 2 boxes of it from them last week. I've only shot one mag full of it so far but seems to be decent ammo. The little bit of web research I did on it says Winchester is making this for Browning. Not sure, perhaps someone else knows more.

I bought 2 boxes of it from them last week. I've only shot one mag full of it so far but seems to be decent ammo. The little bit of web research I did on it says Winchester is making this for Browning. Not sure, perhaps someone else knows more.
That would make sense. I’m sure it is just Winchester white box relabeled hehe. Was hesitant to post it cause I admittedly haven’t searched absolutely everywhere for the best deal on 9mm ammo, just the usual local and online retailers. Winchester used to be about $10 per 50 rds at Wally World and this is a little over $8 so was happy to see that price at an easy local pick up anytime option.

This ammo has been posted in steals and deals before. Seems like this is the everyday price. I bought a few a while back and only heard bad reviews on Browning .22lr.

Could that be a magazine spring/follower/slide stop issue tho instead of ammo?

Not when running a Roland. You can change out the recoil spring to run some weaker ammo but the gun is set up for full power NATO spec 124 ammo and +P ammo. I know the Browning wasn't NATO but I was hoping since it was 124 it would work, as I've heard some other non-NATO 124s do run it reliably but no so with the Browning.

Not when running a Roland. You can change out the recoil spring to run some weaker ammo but the gun is set up for full power NATO spec 124 ammo and +P ammo. I know the Browning wasn't NATO but I was hoping since it was 124 it would work, as I've heard some other non-NATO 124s do run it reliably but no so with the Browning.
Ah ok gotcha. Not familiar with Roland, was just thinking in terms of my normal Glocks/cz/other stock pistols.

Back
Top Bottom