• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Academy sports 9mm ammo

Winchester WB I will pass...Of all issues I have had with ammo it has been this...NOT just my opinion as heard it from others as well
It's actually Browning brand but the reviews are as "iffy" or worse than Win WB but at .14 a round if it has issues then I'll just use it to work on malfunction training. :)

It's actually Browning brand but the reviews are as "iffy" or worse than Win WB but at .14 a round if it has issues then I'll just use it to work on malfunction training. :)

That’s weird about the reviews. I have now shot well over 1k rounds(with what I shot the other day) and have never had a single problem. Maybe that’s not a big enough sample size, but I can’t afford to shoot more than that regularly lol.

That’s weird about the reviews. I have now shot well over 1k rounds(with what I shot the other day) and have never had a single problem. Maybe that’s not a big enough sample size, but I can’t afford to shoot more than that regularly lol.
Looking at the reviews it looks like a lot of them were grouped into clusters close together date wise. I'd guess maybe a bad batch came through that resulted in the higher than normal malfunctions.

I'd say your sample size is adequate enough to show overall reliability enough to justify purchasing at the price point it's selling at.

Looking at the reviews it looks like a lot of them were grouped into clusters close together date wise. I'd guess maybe a bad batch came through that resulted in the higher than normal malfunctions.

I'd say your sample size is adequate enough to show overall reliability enough to justify purchasing at the price point it's selling at.
That makes sense. A bad batch could put a lot of hurt on the rep. Ive ran it through a Glock 17, 19, 43x, 48 and a CZ shadow 2 and all have ran it and begged for more(especially the shadow 2, she’s a hungry gal).

That would make sense. I’m sure it is just Winchester white box relabeled hehe. Was hesitant to post it cause I admittedly haven’t searched absolutely everywhere for the best deal on 9mm ammo, just the usual local and online retailers. Winchester used to be about $10 per 50 rds at Wally World and this is a little over $8 so was happy to see that price at an easy local pick up anytime option.

I bought 500 rounds of Winchester 9mm from academy, was that a mistake? I haven't tried it yet but my glock 19x and sig 365 might get a taste of it this weekend

Recently bought a box of the Winchester 9mm Nato 124, so far no issues. Also picked up a box of the Selliers & Bellot to compare and liked it a lot, seemed to leave less residue.

Back
Top Bottom