• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Adding a Remington 700 detachable magazine??

Buddy, for what it costs sell that one and buy a rifle with everything already done. Or for $200 more than a cheap conversion just get a PSA ar-10 kit, and you can use my tools to build it in my shop.

Don't get plastic BM
so far i have had no problem with the magpul set.
pmags,glocks,smiths,rugers,there is a lot of plastic out there.. the magpul mags are smoother than any of the aics/aics pattern mags i have tried..
also, if you mess it up, you can find a $50 stock on here and try again..

What all is involved w/ doing this modification? As has been determined previously, I am not a gunsmith, but I can handle a screw driver :) I started looking into this conversion and there are so many different companies and magazines available. And so many different variations of the Remington 700 that I think I know less than when I started looking.

Who has done one? What company makes the best conversion? Best magazine?

Thanks in advance.

FYI: I have a Remington 700 SPS Varmit in .308.

I have a Remington 700 .308 and I converted it to the Magpul hunter stock and installed the detachable mags. never done it and it took me all of 30 min to complete and it has worked great ever since. also you can get 5 or 10 round mags for it. I have included pictures.

20170221_102240.jpg

20170221_102246.jpg

I have a Remington 700 .308 and I converted it to the Magpul hunter stock and installed the detachable mags. never done it and it took me all of 30 min to complete and it has worked great ever since. also you can get 5 or 10 round mags for it. I have included pictures.

View attachment 1368047
View attachment 1368040

I really am not wanting to change out the entire chassis, just wanting to add the detachable magazine. Although, that is a fine looking rifle that you have there!!

Another vote to not go plastic.

CDI Precision will sell you the the bottom metal set and inlet your stock for free. I’ve recommended them to a lot of my students and haven’t seen a single issue yet.

Back
Top Bottom