• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Ahh, living in the country. Folk need to quit coming north east

I’m curious, How many folks on ODT are native Georgians? (I am - got the redneck to prove it)

Apparently I’m a “damned yankee” since I moved here and never left.

In my defense, I only planned on being here 6 months, but one of your native women convinced me to stay.

Not sure “damned yankee” would be right though since my native land was only a territory and not a state while you all were working out your differences with the US federal government.

As far as places to move and get away from the sprawl, lots of those left, but I don’t talk about them on the internet.

Oh, and totally agree on the humidity. I absolutely hate Georgia’s climate. While most places get spring, summer, fall, and winter, we get pollen, tornadoes, satans buttcrack, and UGA football. I miss winter.

Everybody should stay south of Canton. Nothing to see up here. Move along.
Well, I guess I count as a damnyankee (one word) but I try not to behave like one, having moved down from the NE a year ago.

I'm on the border of Canton, and sadly, the sprawl has already advanced beyond it. Ball Ground has some large developments in progress at the moment, and I totally 'get' why established Georgians are pissed off at the cultural invasion and the increased population.

Well, I guess I count as a damnyankee (one word) but I try not to behave like one, having moved down from the NE a year ago.

I'm on the border of Canton, and sadly, the sprawl has already advanced beyond it. Ball Ground has some large developments in progress at the moment, and I totally 'get' why established Georgians are pissed off at the cultural invasion and the increased population.

No worries. Me and mine are invaders to north of Canton from metro area. We bought property up in the mountains and are in the process of relocating. Trying to do it right though. Bought a good bit of property and not crowding the neighbors. Or eachother. And our votes aren't going to challenge the area norm. And we are adding back to the economy. But, now that we are here, everyone needs to go ahead and stay Canton or south ;)

Born at Dekalb General in '69
Raised near Stone Monutain (Gwinnett) Parkview area.
Left while serving Uncle Sam for 8 years
Came back to Ga and live in Walton county now on 3 acres.
GEORGIA is full we dont have roads for anyone else move here since Katrina hit New Orleans Ga has been full and it's only getting worse!

Back
Top Bottom