• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Ahh, living in the country. Folk need to quit coming north east

I went to Kennesaw yesterday for a deal. I don't see how any of y'all live down there in the metro area. I couldn't get back up to the mountains fast enough.
It damned sure isnt what it used to be. As soon as the Mrs can retire, we are heading away from this mess.
I have been in Cobb county my whole life - the last 5-6 yrs has really multiplied as far as the “crappy-ness” is concerned.
What was once decent has become almost unbearable. I was raised in Smyrna and live in Kennesaw now.
I am ready to move to “Mayberry” , lol.

It damned sure isnt what it used to be. As soon as the Mrs can retire, we are heading away from this mess.
I have been in Cobb county my whole life - the last 5-6 yrs has really multiplied as far as the “crappy-ness” is concerned.
What was once decent has become almost unbearable. I was raised in Smyrna and live in Kennesaw now.
I am ready to move to “Mayberry” , lol.
I feel sorry for people like you that have been there forever and are being run out of your home town. I'm afraid by the time I'm your age, I may be run out of my "Mayberry". It's a depressing thought.

I feel sorry for people like you that have been there forever and are being run out of your home town. I'm afraid by the time I'm your age, I may be run out of my "Mayberry". It's a depressing thought.
Yep, it sure is.
I am afraid that soon it won’t be possible to get away from it at all, no matter where you go or anything. :(

I wanted to ask (and complain) about sales taxes, but decided to make another thread with a poll.

View attachment 4552510

Jefferson is now a traffic nightmare, partially due to the multiple warehouses and associated trucks (not knocking trucks).

People in the Perim don't need to encourage more "growth" up here in NE Ga. Keep going south to McDonough.

Seriously, this is why I love living and working way up in the NE corner of the state. I've lived all over the US and parts of Europe, and traffic just keeps getting worse. More people, and more stupid people.

Still, it could be worse:

View attachment 4552540
Please clarify; Are you talking about travelers, foreigners and Yankee's? I mean.... Some of us "Damn Yankees" have been here long enough to us All Ya'all in a sentence, ask for a Samich and drink sweet tea. LOL!!!

Back
Top Bottom