• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Ain't we the luckiest Sons uh *****es in the world to be in GA ODT area

Years ago I was at the Winter Haven, Florida Rifle and Pistol Club range shooting my High Standard target pistol. A man showed up with his new revolver. He showed it to me and proudly told me that is the first gun he had ever owned and that he had taken the hunter safety course. He put on his hearing protectors and safety glasses and fired a few rounds. I noticed his gun suddenly sounded differently and his shots weren't making it to the targets. Upon examination the pin holding the barrel in place had come out and the barrel had flown about 5 feet in front of us. He retrieved the barrel, we pushed the bullet out of the barrel and used a nail in place of the pin which we were unable to find. He paid $125.00 for his RG 22 which retailed for about $30.00 at the time in 1968. The man that sold him the gun was the instructor in his hunter safety class. I hope the instructor never finds out about the ODT.
I'm sure he's already here. And anyway I thought his thread was going to be about geographically challenged members.

There are some doozies on ODT for sure. It’s entertaining to me. Sometimes it’s hard not to make a SA comment to a post but I try hard not to disparage folks as they do an excellent job of doing it to themselves.

There are some good deals and some unusual stuff on occasion. Overall site is a lot of fun. I have gotten my hand slapped a couple times for posting political opinion so I’ll stay away from that.dont want to offend the sensitive.
Yes sir, don't get me wrong, but the teasers on here are mostly laughable. I too have found a few good deals and I've sold a few. I personally don't leave comments open for the very reason. I have found that most members are willing to deal for a a fair price if you have cash. If I want something I make the cash deal and I drive to get it. I want it, I get my price and gas is more often then not cheaper then paying tax at retail. I have a few things on here for sale at a hefty price, but dare I say it, they are very hard to find. I have a very early RCBS Press and set of Ponsness Warren Wad and hull hoppers. What's nuts is how most guys will scoff at the price, but never make a reasonable offer. Like all things there is an asking price, and there is a selling price. I'm a horse trader, and I never assume the asking price is the selling price assuming another seller approaches things the same way.

Like you I keep my thoughts to my self, I don't know if the is n ODT jail, but I don't want to find out.

Yes,your 20 deals in 3 and 1/2 years does yield vast experience ,oh great one :first:
So let me get this straight, because you have made so many deals this somehow gives you the ability to judge other people. That's small minded, big ego thinking right there. OH, and totally snarky and off topic. #TRUTH.

Back
Top Bottom