• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Air soft rifle...yikes!

Back when paintball first came out

We used to put the Ammo in the freezer
It wouldn’t freeze solid but got to a gel state

Then no one would claim you didn’t hit em

There was a time when normal airsoft guns shot pellets at over 400 fps.
Now they seem to be all watered-down to play those games where you shoot each other in competitive battles, as a game.
I played paintball, but never airsoft. I used some AirSoft guns for backyard practice, plinking for fun, practicing fastdraw, etc.

The ones that shoot over 400 f.p.s. will destroy a Frisbee (well, not a real Frisbee brand one, but a cheap knockoff). It will put holes in it or break off chunks of plastic.

i remember playing this stuff 10 or 15 years ago with friends in chamblee

good times. of course these days you couldnt play outside with them without the police being called

I would have owned my neighborhood back in the day! All we had were Red Ryders and “no aiming above the neck”. I’m surprised we didn’t lose an eye or two. I guess If you are going to be stupid you have to be tough. We were definitely stupid!
when those little caterpillars come out in force in april and may what we would do is gentle guide one down the barrel of the air pump pellet/bb gun combo guns, pump it two or three times and then *blam*, you have a homemade"paintball" gun

There is a HUGE paintball/airsoft compound right by my neighborhood. On the weekends it looks like Swat team members walkimg around there. Lol. Them boys take that stuff SERIOUS!

There was a time when normal airsoft guns shot pellets at over 400 fps.
Now they seem to be all watered-down to play those games where you shoot each other in competitive battles, as a game.
I played paintball, but never airsoft. I used some AirSoft guns for backyard practice, plinking for fun, practicing fastdraw, etc.

The ones that shoot over 400 f.p.s. will destroy a Frisbee (well, not a real Frisbee brand one, but a cheap knockoff). It will put holes in it or break off chunks of plastic.
Alot of places still have an upper limit of 400 but then there are joule limits for pre charged air guns. Most shoot better at lower speeds with heavier bb's. They will make you bleed.

Back
Top Bottom