• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Best way to list a hunting rifle

What do you figure is the best way to list a hunting rifle?

• Rifle only

• Rifle and base/rings

• Rifle set up with optic

• Fully equipped but offer different prices with and w/o optic mounted

• These tacos taste like Ballistol

Results are only viewable after voting.
I was thinking that the less variables there are the more likely it might be to find a buyer. For example, someone might really like a rifle and have no interest in the scope or vice versa. Finding someone who wants the exact setup I have, for example, seems like it would be a smaller pool of potential buyers.

What say you?
rare! safe queen! new to me!not many around! don’t sell sail will keep! must cum to me! once owned by ODT MEMBER!

List it with a pic of it laying on the floor of your bedroom with your feet visible... Not bare feet tho! Not in sandals showing your toes. Rather, have your feet covered in decent hunting boots like the rubber bottom Maine hunting boot from L.L. Bean (that'll help).

Make sure it’s custom, and add all of the “custom” used parts up at full retail pricing for your ad. Extra points for cut down stocks, archangel stocks, and / or rattle can custom finishes.

Got to reference the highest retail price possible before you price the gun for sail.

Make sure it’s custom, and add all of the “custom” used parts up at full retail pricing for your ad. Extra points for cut down stocks, archangel stocks, and / or rattle can custom finishes.
I'll leave the high-end custom stuff for the AR build connoisseurs. I do notice a guy in my area who clearly puts together Tikka-based rifles and I have seen him break them down to sell action, barrel, and stock separately. They seem to move pretty well or at least they're usually marked "gone" in a fairly timely manner.

Last bit of advice. When taking pictures, please make sure they look like they were taken on a 1980s-era Kodak disposable camera in a blizzard during an earthquake. There's no need to touch the little square on your camera image to focus on important markings, the actual firearm or anything like that. Remember, we all have very good imaginations, and good pics are offensive.

Last bit of advice. When taking pictures, please make sure they look like they were taken on a 1980s-era Kodak disposable camera in a blizzard during an earthquake. There's no need to touch the little square on your camera image to focus on important markings, the actual firearm or anything like that. Remember, we all have very good imaginations, and good pics are offensive.
Hold you horses there, partner. You're trying to tell me I got to post pitchers?

Back
Top Bottom