• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

ak 47 ammo

My PTR -91 was $999. They warranty the gun and barrel to 25,000 rounds . You know how much 25,000 rounds of .308 costs ?

You got your monies worth miles back and spent 5x what the rifle costs just on ammo. Buy another barrel or throw that ****er away. You don’t hang on to a broke hammer. A gun is no different ...

I only feed that thing wolf or Tula . No problem.
View attachment 1624765

Do you own anything that doesn't have a bi-pod or tri-pod attached to it?

Do you own anything that doesn't have a bi-pod or tri-pod attached to it?
Sure . Instead one day a nice fella texting and driving decided to use my vehicle as a method of getting his attention. Yeah. If it has wheels , a tripod and can be carried in pieces then I can not pay for it the next day. You work around things .

AK = Steel case

AR = brass unless it’s a lower tier brand (PSA, Anderson’s, Ptac)
That’s why my only two AR rifles have Anderson lowers . I like to beat them down Vietnam style while spitting back communist made ammunition. It’s kinda poetic :

5B80FE88-9A36-46B0-A883-5372A63B5F8B.jpeg

Steel cased is cheaper ,AKs love it like bees love honey !

Your friend has alot of extra cash if he shoots much brass cased 762×39 .
I’ve fired well past 100,000 rounds of 7.62x39 in my life so far .

I don’t even remember ever seeing any brass cased x39 that wasn’t yugo surplus . Winchester and such is crazy as it’s actually expensive

Luckygunner has a great article on the steel vs. brass debate with lots of data. To summarize steel is cheap but will wear your barrel faster. Brass being a softer metal will wear your barrel less but will cost more. So it depends on what you want.
The casing doesn't wear out your barrel...it can cause slightly increased throat erosion and extractor wear over thousands of rounds. Economy wise you can buy half a dozen barrels with the money saved by shooting steel case by the time your barrel needs replacing.

AKs are intended to shoot steel case, the only reason not to is if you plan to use something like Hornady ammo for maximum SD/hunting performance.

Back
Top Bottom