• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

AK blank receiver

Jahoosafat

Default rank <2500 posts
ODT Junkie!
121   0
Reaction score
A friend of mine has several AK blank or flat stamped receivers. He also has 2 Romanian parts kits minus the barrels. He offered me one parts kit and one blank for a total sum of $280. We both have a mutual friend that has built quite a few AK. He has all of the tooling ie. rivet squeezers and hydro press and he charges about $100 for a build. My question is, should I proceed. In this environment it my be cost effective but I will still need mags ammo and the barrel. All of which are becoming increasingly difficuly to get. Is it worth it? I am an AR guy and always wanted an AK . To proceed or not?

...and its more fun to do it yourself anyways. its about to be "dead of winter" (whatever that means here this year isnt certain), but nice project while waiting on spring.

We both have a mutual friend that has built quite a few AK. He has all of the tooling ie. rivet squeezers and hydro press and he charges about $100 for a build. My question is... To proceed or not?

If he charges $$ & doesn't have an FFL, you shouldn't be advertising. If he'll help you w/o pay, go for it. "the rate they're going for" shouldn't be a determining factor, just the fact that you want one...

Be sure that your builder properly heat treats the receiver once its bent. I'm sure if he's built a lot of AKs he knows this though. I'd jump all over a deal like that, AK barrels, Romanian mostly, can still be found, there are at least two US companies making barrels also.

Back
Top Bottom