Alexander's in Blairsville

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's for her. I have a permit and had I chosen to break the law with a straw purchase, we'd have walked out with one last Sat.

It isn't a straw purchase unless she can't legally own a firearm!

I have to say that I would drop it. Whether the guy was mistaken or I'll informed, that's no reason to call him an idiot. I know exactly how you feel, and may have done the same thing in the same situation, but sometimes doing the right thing isn't always the easiest thing to do. Life is too short brother to harp on the small things. Go with your girl to pick up her new pistol and take her to the range to let it all out.

You make mountains out of mole hills often ? They can legally refuse to sell her a firearm if the choose to . They are good people that work there and you should realize that working with the public sucks sometimes. Maybe he just got through dealing with a real asshole when you called . If that's the worst thing to happen to you in a day , I would feel blessed. I would apologize for calling him an idiot, enjoy the pistol at a good deal, and go back to buy more at later dates. Win, win

I just got off the phone with a salesman at Alexander's who implied that he would fight me when I came in the store again simply because I was stating factual law to him. My GF tried to purchase a Shield during their Saturday sale and came back delayed, he said the firearm couldn't be picked up for 5 days, FBI. gov begs to differ, it's 3 days. In his defense I did call him an idiot (that's when he threatened me), but if you don't know the gun laws you should not be behind the counter. I did speak to a manager after this and he apologized for the guys behavior and said that he would still honor the sale price and no tax, but stood behind the guys statement of 5 days if "no resolution". I know one monkey doesn't stop the show, but my money will not go into their register. My GF does intend to go ahead with the purchase, but we won't be back.

Overreaction or no?
3 days is the law, but most stores will either wait longer, or not release at all on a delay unless it's approved. I've seen delayed checks come back 8-9 days later and be denied. He was just following whatever rules he was told. However it doesn't excuse the poor customer service, or 2 grown (I'm assuming) men arguing over the phone and calling each other names.

You make mountains out of mole hills often ? They can legally refuse to sell her a firearm if the choose to . They are good people that work there and you should realize that working with the public sucks sometimes. Maybe he just got through dealing with a real asshole when you called . If that's the worst thing to happen to you in a day , I would feel blessed. I would apologize for calling him an idiot, enjoy the pistol at a good deal, and go back to buy more at later dates. Win, win

Doesn't.png

Lets do this again, this is very entertaining, so much energy and emotion. I have lived in Blairsville for years and one of the first things I learned, was that in the mountains things move at the speed and the way they move. Have been in Alexander' more time that I can remember and every time it has been a good experience. Go to the store, don't go to the store. Don't major in minors. I am sure, you have bigger fish to fry. LOL Oscar Ramer

Lets do this again, this is very entertaining, so much energy and emotion. I have lived in Blairsville for years and one of the first things I learned, was that in the mountains things move at the speed and the way they move. Have been in Alexander' more time that I can remember and every time it has been a good experience. Go to the store, don't go to the store. Don't major in minors. I am sure, you have bigger fish to fry. LOL Oscar Ramer

Dude this thread is 18 months old....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom