• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Alright Knife nuts. Need advice.

Heavier knives are easier to throw.........Dial1911 is right, you don't have to throw hard or try to flip the knife(get it to spin) - it will do that on its own. Practice and get your distance down, then adjust your throwing. Good luck!:)

Heavier knives are easier to throw.........Dial1911 is right, you don't have to throw hard or try to flip the knife(get it to spin) - it will do that on its own. Practice and get your distance down, then adjust your throwing. Good luck!:)

It's all about having a good point too right? They don't even have to be "super sharp".

Thanks.

I like the Cold Steel Tru Flight, but also picked up an old Kudeman off ebay for cheap that's probably my favorite. Got a few cheapies too- they developed a bit of a curve after lots of misses.

The best one to learn with is some old one my Granddad bought me when I was a kit- it's a six pointed knife (sounds weird I know). It's got a pointed end, a point at each side of the hilt, and three around the pommel. Best thing is it will stick regardless. You can learn where you need to stand relative to the target based on how it sticks. You'll know where you are in the knife rotation and back up or move forward as needed.

The best advice I had is to not try and throw hard- the knife will sink just fine. And lock your wrist and just bend at the elbow- think the Tomahawk Chop.

Thanks for the advice. You coming up October 4th?

Thanks for the advice. You coming up October 4th?

Yeah man! We'll be cooking again- booth 176 if I'm not mistaken (on the end of the short row near the concession area- almost the same as last year).

We can do some knife throwing demos if you want... Just have to try not to scare the crap out of the other folks!

Back
Top Bottom