• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Although 55° outside is not nearly as cold as it has been, still a good day for chili and cornbread.

So, a little update to my chili from yesterday.
Last night the stomach rumbling started. Didn't think much of it, knew it would happen eventually, just like it always does especially after 2 big bowls. Except this time, it came in waves. I mean every 20 mins or so. Can't remember the last time chili hit me like that. Then I remembered I had a church function to go to at 6 pm. Couldn't skip it since my boss and his wife invited me personally. Fortunately, they got there before I did, so I did what a typical back-row-Baptist would do and sat in the very last row, off to the side, all alone. After an hour it really kicked in, so I had to leave before I fogged up the whole church. Got home and it came in waves again, but I survived the night.

Problem was, I forgot I had a nuclear stress test scheduled for 8 a.m. this morning in Atlanta. I hit the head before I left and was good to go. By the time I got to the clinic my stomach was rumbling. I checked in and immediately hit the head. I got back into the waiting room and was awaiting the next wave when the nurse called me back for my test. I honestly thought I was going to have to stop the test for a toilet break. Only by the grace of God did I make it through that test without any stomach rumblings (and got a great test result, no issues.) Made it all the way home without any issues too. Lucky me.
my God...just like me!!
sometimes I can eat a salad, and in an hour....I'm blowing up...chili. typically fine, but I don't trust anything today!!
one time...I had to leave my 4 year old granddaughter in the car, at my house, I was able to throw the transmission into park....I have learned that there is nothing more important than having complete(if possible), control of the aftermath at the time of the proceedings....sometimes, it's just simply not possible....

I don't know what kind of church he goes to but you got to be EARLY at mine to get a back row seat.
Haha. This was an evening Christmas program and they had one on Saturday that was packed, so I was able to sneak in the back. There was a lady sitting there when I started to sit down. I think she heard my stomach grumbling and was like “Oh, hell naw.” Got up and moved to another row.

Back
Top Bottom