• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Am I able to remove feedback I left for someone?

Actually I would say that you were as much at fault as the other party.
You should have never left on an hour and a half drive to meet with someone without talking with them, just prior to leaving for the meet.
I never leave for a meet, even if it's just around the corner, before talking with the other party. I have never been stood up.

Good of you to make the feedback right.

I get what your saying and agree that no way I'd drive that far without confirmation. That being said he is not even close to as much at fault. He just did what he was supposed to. Made a deal, kept his word and got no-showed.

I get what your saying and agree that no way I'd drive that far without confirmation. That being said he is not even close to as much at fault. He just did what he was supposed to. Made a deal, kept his word and got no-showed.

I let every one I meet know before hand, that we need to talk right before any driving begins.
An unforeseen family emergency could arise, that would supersede any trivial trade on the agenda.

Actually I would say that you were as much at fault as the other party.
You should have never left on an hour and a half drive to meet with someone without talking with them, just prior to leaving for the meet.
I never leave for a meet, even if it's just around the corner, before talking with the other party. I have never been stood up.

Good of you to make the feedback right.

I believe in 200% responsibility between two people and I accept my 100% share.
In that we had already confirmed twice, one of those times being the afternoon before, I did not believe it necessary to confirm a third time. You are correct in that if I had attempted to contact him again that morning and not heard from him I could have saved a drive. Hindsight is 20-20. Perhaps because I have had 150 ODT transactions and this was my first no show I was overly confident that this would be as smooth as the others. Even with an emergency it only takes a minute to call or text and the other trader acknowledged this.

I agree that it's wise to verbally confirm the time/place immediately before heading there, and I always do it for trips more than 15 minutes or so, but as already stated, this was completely and totally the fault of the guy who didn't show, or call.

I believe in 200% responsibility between two people and I accept my 100% share.
In that we had already confirmed twice, one of those times being the afternoon before, I did not believe it necessary to confirm a third time. You are correct in that if I had attempted to contact him again that morning and not heard from him I could have saved a drive. Hindsight is 20-20. Perhaps because I have had 150 ODT transactions and this was my first no show I was overly confident that this would be as smooth as the others. Even with an emergency it only takes a minute to call or text and the other trader acknowledged this.
Its good of you to take care of this

Back
Top Bottom