Am I being unreasonable?

I'd offer a full refund as soon as its received and then leave it up to them. If its not in exactly the same condition you can deduct the difference. It'll show eBay that you're offering to refund...but don't pay for shipping. Also, go ahead and withdrawal your Paypal funds ASAP

Long story short...
I sold an item on EBay. It was heavy. It was 100% as described. I gambled on fixed-rate shipping and, of course, the buyer was in California and it cost me an extra $20 to ship ($45 total).

The buyer received the item and says it doesn't work. I have pics of it working before I shipped it. He demands a refund. I told him to ship it back and I will give him a full refund. He now wants me to send him a return shipping label. I told him that it was his responsibility to pay for return shipping per eBay policy. ( http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/shipping-returns.html ).

Now he's demanding a half-refund and he keeps the item or he's leaving negative.

I think that's what he really wants anyway.

Ok, let me have it, am I being unreasonable?

I've had that happen a couple of times... the guy is playing you to get the item for 1/2 price. I tell those types to ship it back and get a discount or keep it and enjoy... :)

Back
Top Bottom