• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I am a bad Christian

Christians should be God-fearing and humble. They should display the fruit of the Spirit given in Galatians 6: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, gentleness, and self-control. While no Christians possess these qualities perfectly, we must and will continually grow in them as a result of the Spirit’s work in us. Never give up hope nor faith.
Amen brother!

If you want to be a "better" Christian I would start with reading the Bible. I would pray and I would start loving God and loving my neighbor. There is far more about that than flipping tables. Of course its a lot easier to be consumed with hate than love if we are dependent on our on power. We cant cherry pick. This is from someone who is as far away from my walk as I have been in many years.
:amen:

I've read and researched the Bible my whole life, with many periods of sin and idolatry interceding, but I've always returned, as I know there is no other way. There is no such thing as a modern Christian, Just Christians. All others are money church posers. hoping to please their way into Heaven. God Bless them, too. JMHO.

You asked:

GOD VERSES SATAN The historic conflict between Christ and Satan reaches a climax in heaven where Satan and his demons are cast out of heaven to the earth at the midpoint of the sevenyear tribulation period (Rev. 12:7–12). Satan’s defeat is first implemented in heaven by Michael and his angels in preparation for the final defeat of the dragon on earth three and a half years later at the second coming (Rev. 20:1–3). What is Satan’s response to being cast down to the earth? Just like in the movies, when the bad guys cannot defeat the superhero himself they go after his wife and children. Since Satan cannot defeat God in direct combat, when he is cast down to the earth he attacks His children. In this case he goes after the Jewish remnant. “And when the dragon saw that he was thrown down to the earth, he persecuted the woman who gave birth to the male child” (Rev. 12:13). This will result in the greatest time of persecution against the Jews in the history of the since Satan will be on planet earth directing it himself. Why is persecution of the Jews so important to Satan? Since Revelation 12 is a chapter dealing with the issue of the great struggle between God and Satan, with a focus on the future, we see the outworking of Satan’s final effort to defeat God which is to prevent the second coming. Since the second advent cannot occur until the Jewish nation is converted to Messiah and calls on Him to rescue them, Satan attempts to liquidate the Jewish people in his attempt to prevent it from happening. Satan believes that if He can obstruct God’s predestined plan from unfolding then he will have defamed Him. However, it is not going to happen. HEAD FOR THE HILLS What is God’s response to Satan’s persecution of His people? “And the two wings of the great eagle were given to the woman, in order that she might fly into the wilderness to her place, where she was nourished for a time and times and half a time, from the presence of the serpent” (Rev. 12:14). God will protect the remnant- 3 supernaturally as noted by the phrase “two wings of the great eagle.” This is a figure of speech used in the Exodus (Ex. 19:4; Deut. 32:10–11) to speak of God’s divine intervention as the Jews leave Jerusalem and the surrounding areas and are protected in Petra. Satan launches an effort to track down the Jewish people, but God’s protection overcomes his efforts. “And the serpent poured water like a river out of his mouth after the woman, so that he might cause her to be swept away with the flood” (Rev. 12:15). In context it appears that Satan’s pouring out water like a river from his mouth after the woman is a metaphor for military pursuit. He sends out his armies to search for the Jewish people who are in hiding. The intent of his pursuit is to destroy the Jews as stated in the figure of speech “so that he might cause her to be swept away with the flood.” In spite of Satan’s great efforts God hides and protects his people. “And the earth helped the woman, and the earth opened its mouth and drank up the river which the dragon poured out of his mouth” (Rev. 12:16). God uses the rugged and mountainous terrain of the wilderness to counteract Satan’s efforts at destroying the Jewish remnant. Satan gives up his search and in his anger goes after other Jewish believers, likely the 144,000 Jewish witnesses (Rev. 7:1–8; 14:1–3) who are scattered across the globe. CONCLUSION Not only are there references to the future of Israel in the New Testament, the future destiny of the nation is outlined in great detail in Revelation 12 and also found in other passages throughout the final book of the Bible. When we realize that Israel has already become a nation that is generally in unbelief toward Christ and that virtually the whole world is already anti-Israel, it is not hard to realize that the Lord is setting the stage for tribulation events that will focus on that tiny nation that the Lord loves. Many comparisons are being made today between the conditions in the Muslim world and the mentality of the Nazis toward the Jews in the 1930s.7 At the end of the day Revelation 12 teaches us that it is a fight between God and Satan. Maranatha!

REF: https://digitalcommons.liberty.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1033&context=pretrib_arch
Excellent read!

I’m not a good Christian. I cuss a lot. I love heavy metal and horror movies. I try all the F’N time to be the best person I can be, simply for me. Broken physically and mentally I must retain integrity, I must. Right now Swords are swinging everywhere. People have been coming out of the woodwork to come at me. Whatev’s. I feel like God is removing the people in my life that don’t matter. All of these people have questionable moral integrity and I won’t sweat them being gone.

I can see all of the Evil. I see the evil on the gun side, firearms are fun and big portion of my life. Gun free zones, “unlicensed seller”, Illegals having the ability to carry a gun,etc. That’s just a tip of the iceberg. Now socially, the evil is even more in your face. Wars world wide, sex trafficking, killing babies, the list is ever growing.

Guys we need to circle the wagons. We have to come together and watch out for these DemoNcrats. We have to be aware of what’s going on. Watch and try to use your voice, even if only to our buddies.

The answer isn’t political. This is where I lose most of you. Biden sucks and so does Trump. Trump ran the country better but we were still getting deficated on. Trump with the bump stock thing paved the way for Joey B and his tyranny. The things that he has publicly stated about civil asset forfeiture without conviction and indemnifying police are just hot F’N garbage. Let’s be honest, if the police weren’t doing the wrong thing they wouldn’t champion qualified immunity. If your being honest on the streets, be honest. Be personally accountable.

The only good thing out of this crap is I’ve studied the constitution. I’ve learned a lot. It’s made me more libertarian.
I know hat Joe Biden is la bigger crook than Trump is and bump stocks are for children to play with their gun.

You asked:

GOD VERSES SATAN The historic conflict between Christ and Satan reaches a climax in heaven where Satan and his demons are cast out of heaven to the earth at the midpoint of the sevenyear tribulation period (Rev. 12:7–12). Satan’s defeat is first implemented in heaven by Michael and his angels in preparation for the final defeat of the dragon on earth three and a half years later at the second coming (Rev. 20:1–3). What is Satan’s response to being cast down to the earth? Just like in the movies, when the bad guys cannot defeat the superhero himself they go after his wife and children. Since Satan cannot defeat God in direct combat, when he is cast down to the earth he attacks His children. In this case he goes after the Jewish remnant. “And when the dragon saw that he was thrown down to the earth, he persecuted the woman who gave birth to the male child” (Rev. 12:13). This will result in the greatest time of persecution against the Jews in the history of the since Satan will be on planet earth directing it himself. Why is persecution of the Jews so important to Satan? Since Revelation 12 is a chapter dealing with the issue of the great struggle between God and Satan, with a focus on the future, we see the outworking of Satan’s final effort to defeat God which is to prevent the second coming. Since the second advent cannot occur until the Jewish nation is converted to Messiah and calls on Him to rescue them, Satan attempts to liquidate the Jewish people in his attempt to prevent it from happening. Satan believes that if He can obstruct God’s predestined plan from unfolding then he will have defamed Him. However, it is not going to happen. HEAD FOR THE HILLS What is God’s response to Satan’s persecution of His people? “And the two wings of the great eagle were given to the woman, in order that she might fly into the wilderness to her place, where she was nourished for a time and times and half a time, from the presence of the serpent” (Rev. 12:14). God will protect the remnant- 3 supernaturally as noted by the phrase “two wings of the great eagle.” This is a figure of speech used in the Exodus (Ex. 19:4; Deut. 32:10–11) to speak of God’s divine intervention as the Jews leave Jerusalem and the surrounding areas and are protected in Petra. Satan launches an effort to track down the Jewish people, but God’s protection overcomes his efforts. “And the serpent poured water like a river out of his mouth after the woman, so that he might cause her to be swept away with the flood” (Rev. 12:15). In context it appears that Satan’s pouring out water like a river from his mouth after the woman is a metaphor for military pursuit. He sends out his armies to search for the Jewish people who are in hiding. The intent of his pursuit is to destroy the Jews as stated in the figure of speech “so that he might cause her to be swept away with the flood.” In spite of Satan’s great efforts God hides and protects his people. “And the earth helped the woman, and the earth opened its mouth and drank up the river which the dragon poured out of his mouth” (Rev. 12:16). God uses the rugged and mountainous terrain of the wilderness to counteract Satan’s efforts at destroying the Jewish remnant. Satan gives up his search and in his anger goes after other Jewish believers, likely the 144,000 Jewish witnesses (Rev. 7:1–8; 14:1–3) who are scattered across the globe. CONCLUSION Not only are there references to the future of Israel in the New Testament, the future destiny of the nation is outlined in great detail in Revelation 12 and also found in other passages throughout the final book of the Bible. When we realize that Israel has already become a nation that is generally in unbelief toward Christ and that virtually the whole world is already anti-Israel, it is not hard to realize that the Lord is setting the stage for tribulation events that will focus on that tiny nation that the Lord loves. Many comparisons are being made today between the conditions in the Muslim world and the mentality of the Nazis toward the Jews in the 1930s.7 At the end of the day Revelation 12 teaches us that it is a fight between God and Satan. Maranatha!

REF: https://digitalcommons.liberty.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1033&context=pretrib_arch
I read the book about when Thor beat Zeus' ass.....

One more and I'm back to working on quarterlies...

Good morning , Our Heavenly Father.
Thank you for the peace of the morning.
Thank you for the company of friends.
We go with confidence into this day,
keeping you in our faith for peace of mind.
May we always have a grateful heart.
And sharing, caring family and friends.
In Jesus’ name, we pray and believe.

Amen.

Back
Top Bottom