• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Am I the only one that things this is odd? Sounds like racial cover up to me...

Bulldawg165

Default rank <3500 posts
ODT Junkie!
29   0
Reaction score
I'm sure most of you have heard about the four black teens who beat a 37 year old white man unconscious in Mableton and left him in the street where he was eventually ran over and killed. Per the investigators, this wasn't racially motivated at all. Check it out:

http://www.ajc.com/news/news/local/police-mableton-fatal-assault-not-racially-motivat/nYpGG/

Per the article:

According to the warrant, Chellew flashed blue colors and claimed allegiance to the “Crips” street gang. Three of the suspects were dressed in red, the colors affiliated with the “Crips” longtime rival, the “Bloods.” The exchange was captured on the station’s surveillance cameras.

So apparently a 37 year old white guy is part of the crips gang. Not only is this ridiculous because he's white and the crips are primarily a black gang, but he's THIRTY SEVEN YEARS OLD! How many 37 year old gang members are out on the street? They're usually dead or in prison by that time. Not to mention the fact that all I can find when I google "Joshua Chellew Arrest" is a DUI and running a stop sign (although some of you more savvy people may can find more than I did). Wouldn't he have quite the criminal record by now if he was a gang member?

Here's the real kicker though. Check out the mug shots in the linked article. They apparently beat Chellew unconscious because he "flashed blue colors," yet TWO of the four are wearing blue shirts when they were arrested. I'm not real up-to-date on gangsta boy rules, but if you're a member of the bloods, why would you be wearing blue when you're out and about? No way that's a coincidence that TWO of them were on the same day. This makes me think the whole gang affiliation thing is BS. Neither of the other two are wearing red shirts either by the way.

I smell a cover up. I wanna see the video footage they allegedly have before I believe this story as reported. Am I being reasonable about this or should I calm down and take off my tin foil hat?

Last edited:
Number 1, it was in Mableton not Marietta, and the original report was that it was all black on black. Regardless, when I started with "ma bell" in the early 70's, I roamed that area any time of the day or night working on phones. Now I would not do any such thing, to many stupid-a--ed punks around.

Number 1, it was in Mableton not Marietta, and the original report was that it was all black on black. Regardless, when I started with "ma bell" in the early 70's, I roamed that area any time of the day or night working on phones. Now I would not do any such thing, to many stupid-a--ed punks around.

Good catch. Fixed it

Yes you can be white and be in the gangs, and yes gang bangers that don't die off get older.
Hell we arrest 50-70 year old meth dealers.

Yes,it is odd, but the ajc has been known to do that.
I just got back from Josh's funeral in Austell, he was the stepson of a good friend. There was lots of hugging and friendship, and faith. Lots of black and white people sharing the memories of a young man they all knew and loved. That is an amazing family. It was not at all a racial thing in that funeral home. I never met Josh, but the rest of his family are just good folks, with a lot of faith. Nearly positive from the stories I heard he aint no crip!

It's called "hush crime". The owners of the media do not want any undue attention called to, or to reinforce any particular "stereotype" of a particular groups pernicious criminality.

The Channon Christian and Christopher Newsom murders come to mind to illustrate.

Last edited:
The first part of the article says crips / bloods but the last sentence says the "perps" were part of Re-Up gang. is Re-Up part of the Bloods ?

EDIt - I think it's a BS story truth be told..

Back
Top Bottom