• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Am I the only one?!

That's ready to get on some turkeys? Don't get me wrong I love deer hunting and getting on a good buck but there is something about hearing a bird pitch down and gobble at sunrise that gets your blood flowing. I got some new calls today from somereliefplease somereliefplease and I cant wait to get out and use them. Got permission to hunt 200 acres that hasn't been turkey hunted in 25+ years and is covered up with them year round. I've been messing with these calls all evening and the wanting is getting worse. I hope I ain't the only one ready for spring.

So I'm cleaning out some junk in the spare bedroom(aka the room all my hunting stuff is stored plus all my wife's lovely decor that's not in season) and found my scratch call last week. I turkey hunted 3 years prior to last season with zero luck. I called in 2 toms last season. One at hunting camp, one in my honey hole. Had the opportunity to lay one down. But anyways, I have picked up that call atleast 20 times now. Deer season has been a bust for me thus far but I'm still looking at the future!

Couple years ago my son and I pulled onto our property in Rome late for a deer hunt. Had to stop the truck to count turkey.We lost count at 50 something. 4 some odd months later we could have hand fed the deer but not a bird in the county. Elusive is an understatement.

Go there in spring to make sure,I had a piece leased in Wilkinson county never seen a sign of a turkey in the fall,took my daughter there to shoot in spring turkeys were gobbling everywhere.turned out my best place for my turkeys.
Good advice here. The changing of the seasons of the year will have them using different areas.

I guess I do have turkeys on the property
439a9ffc7b9ae05a8ac68fb8453417de.jpg
717293f0d80595d0deb3f530fa07e92d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
plant some Chufa and they might stick around.

You better get that 'turkey wing' working for you!! I already know you can use it better than I could. It will be here before you know it. BC
Soft and seductive tree yelps, a fly down cackle with wing beating followed by my favorite call....silence, has killed a few gobblers for me.

Back
Top Bottom