Amega Scout Mount for Mini 14

N Cochran

Default rank <2500 posts
ODT Junkie!
335   0
Reaction score
It is rare that I have something truly negative to say about a company and its behavior. This time I must make an exception.

I am building a Mini 14 6.8 scout rifle and chose to order the Amega Scout Mount for my project. You can find the company's website at www.amegaranges.com. I chose the mount after having reviewed various products online, and having reviewed the various company's websites. What led me to choose the Amega Scout Mount was the company's 24 hour shipping policy and the fact that they shipped by priority mail. I ordered the mount on September 3rd. This being labor day I knew I would have to spot them a day on shipping.
Today, after not having received any notifications from them of shipping having occurred, and not having received anything in the mail, I called the company to check on my order.
I was informed that no less than 4 days after having placed the order my mount was packaged and ready to go. When I asked about their 24 hour shipping policy they acted like it did not exist. I then asked them if they shipped the mount out now when could I expect it, I was informed later the next week. I then told them I would not be available to receive the mount and that it was needed before Wednesday next week. I asked if it could be shipped overnight. Gerald, the person I spoke to, told me he would check with the manager. I received no return call and called back one hour later because I needed to make a decision. I was then informed that because my mount had already been packaged that it could not be shipped overnight and that all I could expect was receipt later the next week. I cancelled my order.

I cannot comment on the quality of the Amega Mount as I never received one. I can comment that the customer service was poor and that the company does not honor its own policies that they proudly publish online on their website: www.amegaranges.com
I cannot believe that packaging would prevent overnight shipping nor can I accept that when a company has a 24 hour shipping policy that it takes 4 days to prepare a product for shipping. What I learned is that they do not stand behind their own published policies. This caused me to determine that there are likely other policies that they would not stand behind, such as a warranty. Basically, my first experience, at the first step of the purchasing process, was incredibly negative and they would not honor their policies, nor try to make it right when those policies were relied upon.

In summary, if you need a scout scope mount for your mini 14 or mini 30, I cannot recommend that you use Amega Mounts. They absolutely did not care about making things right for me as a customer and would not stand behind their company, it's policies, and would not support the sale of their product. I can only imagine that further down the road of purchase and use of their product the customer experience with them would just be more negative.

Avoid this company as it is plainly clear to me that they do not honor their policies, their customer care/support is very poor, and they have no interest in customer satisfaction.

I will now look into purchasing an Ultimak mount.

Back
Top Bottom