• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Ammo Flippers SUCK!!! - Please stop buying from high volume price gougers...

I know this is dead horse material, but WTF?!?!?! How are the same two or three people getting their hands on 50,000 rounds of 22lr ammo a month and keeping it our of everyone else's hands unless you are willing to pay their high prices???

:deadhorse::frusty:

I am going to keep this thread active to try to convince people to stop buying ammo from FLIPPERS. These Ammo Flippers as I call them have got some sort of hook-up that is holding ammo for them, so it never gets to the shelves. As soon as people quit buying from them, they will stop interfering with the supply cycle and the stores will have stock again. This only refers to 22lr and 9mm now as all others are in stock now.

View attachment 223996

I get what you said, I just do not get why it bothers you to such an extent. That said I did run across this gem. “Take for example .22LR ammunition. The industry as a whole (all manufacturers combined) is setup to produce 4,200,000,000 (4.2 Billions) .22 LR annually. That is running all the machines, full capacity all the time, all manufacturers together.There is NOTHING they can do to produce more.
That corresponds to 230,137 cartridge per State per day, which is 460 bricks of 500 .22lr per day per State. That means that if less than 50 people per day in each State are buying 10 bricks of .22, it is enough to dry up the entire supply as it is being manufactured.”

Read more: http://www.ammoland.com/2013/06/this-whole-ammo-shortage-thing-by-the-numbers/#ixzz2mC8ns1e0
Under Creative Commons License: Attribution
Follow us: @Ammoland on Twitter | Ammoland on Facebook

Why not start your own manufacturing facility? There is certainly a demand for it. To be honest I do not know why the attention has fallen upon .22lr aside from the fact that a few individuals are able to corner the market on it, at least in part. However if people were not running around (the sky is falling) and willing to buy .22lr for high prices the corner on the market would end. Another way this could be stopped would be for manufacturers to increase their prices until supply catches up with demand.
It is not that I do not comprehend what you are angry about, I am just at a loss as to why it makes you so upset. Perhaps because it is more expensive to shoot .22lr and you cannot reload it? One thing is certain, this fad will end, they always do, in the mean time I doubt anyone will die due to a lack of cheap .22lr.

I get what you said, I just do not get why it bothers you to such an extent. That said I did run across this gem. “Take for example .22LR ammunition. The industry as a whole (all manufacturers combined) is setup to produce 4,200,000,000 (4.2 Billions) .22 LR annually. That is running all the machines, full capacity all the time, all manufacturers together.There is NOTHING they can do to produce more.That corresponds to 230,137 cartridge per State per day, which is 460 bricks of 500 .22lr per day per State. That means that if less than 50 people per day in each State are buying 10 bricks of .22, it is enough to dry up the entire supply as it is being manufactured.”Read more: http://www.ammoland.com/2013/06/this-whole-ammo-shortage-thing-by-the-numbers/#ixzz2mC8ns1e0 Under Creative Commons License: Attribution Follow us: @Ammoland on Twitter | Ammoland on FacebookWhy not start your own manufacturing facility? There is certainly a demand for it. To be honest I do not know why the attention has fallen upon .22lr aside from the fact that a few individuals are able to corner the market on it, at least in part. However if people were not running around (the sky is falling) and willing to buy .22lr for high prices the corner on the market would end. Another way this could be stopped would be for manufacturers to increase their prices until supply catches up with demand. It is not that I do not comprehend what you are angry about, I am just at a loss as to why it makes you so upset. Perhaps because it is more expensive to shoot .22lr and you cannot reload it? One thing is certain, this fad will end, they always do, in the mean time I doubt anyone will die due to a lack of cheap .22lr.
Too much logic for this thread. Possibly too much for this "community" and certainly too much for our nation as a whole. Not enough emotion in your argument. You fail miserably sir.

Too much logic for this thread. Possibly too much for this "community" and certainly too much for our nation as a whole. Not enough emotion in your argument. You fail miserably sir.
I love the logic in the quote I posted "there is NOTHING they can do to produce more. [Right, no way they can expand the operation that would cost money and who knows how long this run willl continue.]
So lets blame the people smart enough to buy in quanity and do what the manufacturers are not, increase the price to meet demand. Crazy concept. :crazy:

I wish some guys would start flipping reloading supplies so I could find the powder, primers, and bullets I need albeit at an inflated price. Sadly nobody is flipping component so I have to compete against the hoarders for my stuff.

Back
Top Bottom