• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Ammo Flippers SUCK!!! - Please stop buying from high volume price gougers...

Wow, why not just go knock on the door and have a nice chat,maybe even offer to help bag up said leaves? I agree that not everyone around has the same standards of what is right behaviour.
We used to, in America, believe in something called a "free market", now making a profit is evil and the Government should step in and do something about it. Truly a sad day in America, we have fallen so far from the idea of individual freedom and limited Government. I suppose someone will let me know how much profit is too much.

As for my neighbor, my point is just that he's obviously lazy and it irritates me. It has nothing to do with standards, I've had plenty of letters from the HOA, LOL.

The "free market" argument fails because are laws are in place because truly free markets suck. It sucked bad for us. Perhaps we've gone a little too far with legislation, but some regulation is needed. This isn't about profit. It's about making profit under the same conditions that other law abiding businesses are subject to.

As for my neighbor, my point is just that he's obviously lazy and it irritates me. It has nothing to do with standards, I've had plenty of letters from the HOA, LOL.The "free market" argument fails because are laws are in place because truly free markets suck. It sucked bad for us. Perhaps we've gone a little too far with legislation, but some regulation is needed. This isn't about profit. It's about making profit under the same conditions that other law abiding businesses are subject to.
Illegal drugs are the best example of a trully free market I can think of. It seems to work pretty good for them. Product is sold at the maximum price the market will bear and the government has no say in it one way or another. The drugs are sold at the optimum price to match supply with demand. Producers are able to sell all their product, and consumers are able to find a purchase said product. What sucks about that?

The problem I see with it is the regulations imposed on the legitimate businesses. If the government would keep its damn nose out of things, the black market wouldn't be so lucrative.

As for my neighbor, my point is just that he's obviously lazy and it irritates me. It has nothing to do with standards, I've had plenty of letters from the HOA, LOL.

The "free market" argument fails because are laws are in place because truly free markets suck. It sucked bad for us. Perhaps we've gone a little too far with legislation, but some regulation is needed. This isn't about profit. It's about making profit under the same conditions that other law abiding businesses are subject to.
The neighbor may not have given any thought to it at all and will have no clue if you do not talk to him like a good neighbor instead of just stewing about it. RE:free markets, roflmao these conditions (known as a black market) exist because of regulations, price controls, however they are formulated, do not work well if at all and seldom produce the desired affect or outcome.

The neighbor may not have given any thought to it at all and will have no clue if you do not talk to him like a good neighbor instead of just stewing about it. RE:free markets, roflmao these conditions (known as a black market) exist because of regulations, price controls, however they are formulated, do not work well if at all and seldom produce the desired affect or outcome.
Get out of my head.

Basically you have subsidized American cotton farmers here selling in the same market with hand picked cotton farmers in africa and the subsidy drives the price down. Also in there is "economic hitmen" and the video explains some of the world bank stuff. Poor explanation sorry, the video is pretty packed. "They" is the dirt poor African cotton farmers. Even "free" markets aren't exactly free.

Last edited:
Basically you have subsidized American cotton farmers here selling in the same market with hand picked cotton farmers in africa and the subsidy drives the price down. Also in there is "economic hitmen" and the video explains some of the world bank stuff. Poor explanation sorry, the video is pretty packed. "They" is the dirt poor African cotton farmers. Even "free" markets aren't exactly free.
I'll have to check it out. In the scenario you posted though the problem us the governments stifling the free market, not the free market which the governments are preventing from existing. It is idealistic I know, but I will always defend liberty, freedom, free markets, and individualism.

Back
Top Bottom