• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Ammo Prices?

albatros43

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
Jackwagon
176   0
Reaction score
It looks like prices are getting pretty low right now. All the recent SGAmmo emails say he's selling things for essentially no profit. I kind of doubt that, but many calibers appear to be well off highs. However, 5.56 in particular has still not gone down much. 223, 45, x39 all appear to be pretty good buys, along with 9.

When it gets back to $68 per 1,440 rounds I'll have rethink getting back into that caliber.
www.midwestsportsfans.com_wp_content_uploads_2011_06_mj_laughing.gif

Supply and demand is 'righting' the market... but inflation ( look at food prices right now ) and lower production keep it from hitting rock bottom, after any surplus sell off. There is such a glut of people that own a ton of ammo they will never shoot and will not buy in the marketplace / retail for a looooong time. Manufacturers will cut back production and keep it at a resonable but little higher price than before as opposed to mass producing it for a lower price. Basic economics.

Overall, it could be worse. WE could be the ones having to bend over like we've done for the past 8 years. Now it's their turn. I am ok with this.

More like they stacked up on ammo and guns hoping Hillary would win to sell high, and now are forced to dump everything at cost to free up inventory. Atlantic Firearms have been caught doing this with their AK's.

Yep.

When it gets back to $68 per 1,440 rounds I'll have rethink getting back into that caliber.

I bought my first 1k of of 7.62x39 for $80 from ClassicFirearms in like 2006. I still talk about it.

I bought 3 Walmarts out of a particular 9mm last weekend because the price was below what I know dealers buy it for. It's only going to get better.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom