• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

AMORED dillos....

GeauxLSU

Default rank 5000+ posts
Corn Pop
Staff member
Super Moderator
63   0
Reaction score
Where the stars at night are big and bright.
I was shocked at the number of armadillos and sign I saw yesterday kicking around BF Grant.
Also, I was very UNimpressed with the performance of Speer Gold Dot 'Short Barrel Personal Protection' rounds in .22wmr out of a single six on said armored dillos. :mmph:

I have killed several in my yard with a 22 mag and haven't had any trouble dropping them where they stand.
I hate my single six (OK that's unfair. I'm FRUSTRATED with myself for buying it since I didn't notice at purchase (new) the sights were shifted to the right. They are fully adjusted to the right and the gun still shoots to the left. Given that, I don't pretend to be a crack shot with it (or any pistol for that matter but especially that one) but I definitely shot two of them and the both skidaddled. The one I hit twice the first shot was clearly visible right behind the shoulder. I shot a (large) coyote at over 100 yards recently with a .22wmr using Premier VMax and it didn't twitch. So it's not like it can't be a potent round. But that round, out of that gun, on those critters, was not even remotely effective.

Last edited:
Armadillo armor.

005TDH_Kevin_Heffernan_009.jpg

Back
Top Bottom