An AR15 is an AR15 is an AR15 .................................

If you have the money do it once and do it right. Lube it real good and put a little bearing grease in the buffer tube to dampen the sproing noise that you will hear if you run it dry. I thought to myself the first time I shot on without the bearing grease. " Oh no this simply just won't do". It's a hell of a racket. I don't want you to have to experience that and make your assessment of the AR's based on that noise.

If you have the money do it once and do it right. Lube it real good and put a little bearing grease in the buffer tube to dampen the sproing noise that you will hear if you run it dry. I thought to myself the first time I shot on without the bearing grease. " Oh no this simply just won't do". It's a hell of a racket. I don't want you to have to experience that and make your assessment of the AR's based on that noise.

To me an AR is now and has long since been a Public Domain design which means any one of a thousand companies can build and sell the same thing. Kinda like 1911s. I agree that quality control is important as is the grade of barrel you get. But aside from that I see no reason at all to pay for a brand name .

Based upon a spate of recent ads here I'd say there's no difference whatsoever. An AR is an AR is an AR. At least to the cellars.

They cannot be bothered to tell you anything about the rifle and post one piktchure on a nasty bed sheet.

As to DD? Every single DD new trigger I've ever tried sucked sweaty balls. They're like Ruger. Sell a rifle that needs a $150 trigger to get any accuracy out of.

A Daniel Defense is the say the Porsche of the AR15 realm. It's expensive but well worth the price of admission. The 499 jobs are the Ford Fiesta's of the AR scale. The will get you to where you need to go but you never know if it is going to start again. Go with a Colt in the 900 dollar range. It's like the Cummins diesel. It's just a work horse that will keep going like the energizer bunny.
Implying that because a rifle costs less than $500 it won't work is dishonest at least. Come on now, we are talking about rifles that have been tested and seen to be reliable, backed by lifetime warranties.

A Daniel Defense is the say the Porsche of the AR15 realm. It's expensive but well worth the price of admission. The 499 jobs are the Ford Fiesta's of the AR scale. The will get you to where you need to go but you never know if it is going to start again. Go with a Colt in the 900 dollar range. It's like the Cummins diesel. It's just a work horse that will keep going like the energizer bunny.
If you have to use 4 different analogies about cars to prove your point about guns...that just won't do.

Back
Top Bottom