• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

An employer's rant.

To give you some perspective, my wife is primary back up when someone is out. She's normally just "Dog Mommy" and makes sure everyone is happy, healthy and clean.

When she has to cover for someone, she breezes through the job with ease. She's 63 and overweight. This job simply isn't that physically demanding.

To give you some perspective, my wife is primary back up when someone is out. She's normally just "Dog Mommy" and makes sure everyone is happy, healthy and clean.

When she has to cover for someone, she breezes through the job with ease. She's 63 and overweight. This job simply isn't that physically demanding.
Which brings back the question of why not someone older and more responsible?

Which brings back the question of why not someone older and more responsible?
Because I'm looking for people that could be trainers and not just kennel techs. Training has the potential to be very physical. I've seen my daughter take on a pissed off 110 pound Rottweiler and win. Not a chance in hell my wife could do that without getting hurt.

The only reason I still can is because of decades of experience.

Every generation has said this about younger generations. However, if you look up any actual research into the work ethic of different generations since the greatest generation... they all come out to about the same.

Sorry, you haven't had any luck with your hires. I don't believe making $31K per year living in metro-Atlanta will result in that decent of a lifestyle unless you are single with 2 roommates.

How can your employees make $90k ?

Sales Commissions ?
Me and my staff do all the sales.

Once they are in their new location they get half of all profits from that location. With an average of eight dogs at a time in for training throughout the year, gross income is $302,000. Overhead will be under $100,000, so net is around $200,000. Divide by two.

Every generation has said this about younger generations. However, if you look up any actual research into the work ethic of different generations since the greatest generation... they all come out to about the same.

Sorry, you haven't had any luck with your hires. I don't believe making $31K per year living in metro-Atlanta will result in that decent of a lifestyle unless you are single with 2 roommates.
How good of a lifestyle do college students have? And they are paying to learn their profession, not getting paid to learn it.

They also don't have a guaranteed position upon graduation. Lots of college grads behind the counter at Burger King.

Back
Top Bottom