• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What an idiot!

An empty, primed case doesn't have a projectile to throw, and has very little gas or debris (which a blank does have).

Maybe, if the primer anvil worked loose and the barrel was was sticking in your ear...but that anvil is so damn light, it might not penetrate skin. Could certainly damage an eye, but other than that, not much risk of serious injury.
There was a movie star in the 80's/90's that used a prop gun on a movie set and pretended to shoot himself in the head...he died. https://ew.com/article/1994/10/14/jon-erik-hexums-fatal-joke/

Safe/not safe, not a good idea. I can just see some idiot IRL trying to imitate this with a live round for YT likes. This to me is no different than playfully pointing a pistol at your friend because it's 'empty', not a good idea.

An empty, primed case doesn't have a projectile to throw, and has very little gas or debris (which a blank does have).

Maybe, if the primer anvil worked loose and the barrel was was sticking in your ear...but that anvil is so damn light, it might not penetrate skin. Could certainly damage an eye, but other than that, not much risk of serious injury.

In at least one of the cases, it was left over crud in the barrel.

Safe/not safe, not a good idea. I can just see some idiot IRL trying to imitate this with a live round for YT likes. This to me is no different than playfully pointing a pistol at your friend because it's 'empty', not a good idea.

Just discussing the relative risk. Not arguing that it's a good idea.

Back
Top Bottom