• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

an upgrade just occured

CBH13

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
165   0
Reaction score
So i've been driving around my old 97 miata for quiet sometime and its millage has been getting up there so i knew it was time to start looking for a replacement. Love it but just decided wasnt practical enough so i am forced to say goodbye to the two seater life.

i67.tinypic.com_2qvfw37.jpg

JUST KIDDING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! new ride is an 04 mazdaspeed miata, turbo from the factory, tien flex coilovers and some other nice mods, shes a corner cutter of a whole other level

00909_7yzEfElQza5_1200x900.jpg

00g0g_7hy3KOgQ6YL_1200x900.jpg

Not bad at all on miles. My buddies dad has one with 240ish HP to the wheels. Definitely a quick little car.

nah, i was looking for somethign specifically with lower millage which was a pain to try to find in something 11 years old lol. im guesstimating this ones around the 200hp mark and i have plans on upgrading the ecu and injectors in the future which should probably get me close to that

About what I have on my non aspirated 02. I saw a mazdaspeed turbo setup for sale a while back that I almost pulled the trigger on but decided I had too many projects already.

i feel you there. i had to let go of a couple of projects before i would let myself buy this one. just got rid of my last rx7 last week and paid off my cc so was time to pull the trigger

I had a bone stock 93 back in 04/05. It was fun for a while. But I noticed that when I was out on the interstate with the top down and peddle to the floor it felt like I was going really fast. But then... a Camry or a Caravan would fly by me. Oh and I noticed that other larger vehicles would see me coming in my little car and pull right out in front of me anyway. It's like my Miata got no respect on the road. That one car broke me off of wanting little cars.

I had a bone stock 93 back in 04/05. It was fun for a while. But I noticed that when I was out on the interstate with the top down and peddle to the floor it felt like I was going really fast. But then... a Camry or a Caravan would fly by me. Oh and I noticed that other larger vehicles would see me coming in my little car and pull right out in front of me anyway. It's like my Miata got no respect on the road. That one car broke me off of wanting little cars.

Miatas are not highway cars and I will say they dont make great DD either. I do love them as a 2nd, 3rd, or 6th vehicle in my case. If you are expecting to keep up with modern V6's, then you bought the wrong car. Even a Mazdaspeed will get smoked by most modern V6 sedans. Miata's have their appeal on fun roads. I don't drive mine on the interstate, unless absolutely necessary, but mainly just hot rod it around on country roads where 100hp is all you need.

My STI can get me down the interstate at the speeds I like just fine when needed. The Miata is for cheap fun in the twisties.

Back
Top Bottom