• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

And here we go again (School shooting)

It means that facts tend to (but not always) support more liberal policies than we currently have, which is why they are often rejected or cherry-picked by conservatives and why I'm not posting them here.
Fact: The sun is up and it's not raining at my home, at least not yet. How does that support liberal policies?

That was my point. Patrick Henry was very dogmatic, an ideologue in every way. He was just passionate about good things like liberty and justice.

Maybe it's my definition that is off. I see an ideologue as someone unwilling to compromise when evidence does not support their stance.

It used to be that civic duty called our best and brightest into service. Now it is cronyism and power.

And it all began, or at least was greatly accelerated, with the postal service.

Meaning of course, the patronage system in politics where newly elected officials could give their buddies a cushy, overpaid government job.

Reducing pay would help if you are looking for public servants. Pay more if you want greedy lords and tyrants.

American's have the most individualistic view of the modern world. People who have the vision and determination to succeed, push through all obstacles and do what they want to. Why would any of the best and brightest WANT to be public servants?

It's like the old saying, those who can't do, teach.

Maybe it's my definition that is off. I see an ideologue as someone unwilling to compromise when evidence does not support their stance.

Actually, Webster’s defines an ideologue as :

1) an impractical idealist

I would argue many, if not most, of our founding fathers fit this definition.

2) an often blindly partisan advocate or adherent to a particular ideology. (Emphasis added)

I think this is more what you were thinking?

Actually, Webster’s defines an ideologue as :

1) an impractical idealist

I would argue many, if not most, of our founding fathers fit this definition.

2) an often blindly partisan advocate or adherent to a particular ideology. (Emphasis added)

I think this is more what you were thinking?

The blindly was what I was thinking. That is the dangerous part.

American's have the most individualistic view of the modern world. People who have the vision and determination to succeed, push through all obstacles and do what they want to. Why would any of the best and brightest WANT to be public servants?

It's like the old saying, those who can't do, teach.

Hopefully they would want to be a public servant to give back to the society that gave them such opportunities.

Altruism?

Back
Top Bottom