• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

And here we go again (School shooting)

American's have the most individualistic view of the modern world. People who have the vision and determination to succeed, push through all obstacles and do what they want to. Why would any of the best and brightest WANT to be public servants?

It's like the old saying, those who can't do, teach.

I would also argue that in American society today formal education and degrees are overvalued (when considering people for political office) in relation to common sense and intelligence...and integrity.

Many highly educated people today, in my experience, have a degree or two too many...i.e. they have been educated beyond their intelligence.

Fact: The sun is up and it's not raining at my home, at least not yet. How does that support liberal policies?

i.imgur.com_dV4XyTs.gif

And to tie all this back into our recent school shootings and the op’s thread...

1) Liberal ideologues with too many degrees are ignoring the facts/ motives behind these shootings and are blindly using the shootings as a PR campaign to push an unrealistic and unconstitutional gun control agenda.

2) Overpaid politicians don’t have the common sense God gave a rock and are clueless about how to protect our children in government schools...but they certainly know how to protect themselves, airports, courthouses, etc.

3) we should all support the latest liberal Twitter suggestion that parents remove children from said schools until the government proves they are safe...this will force the gun control/School security debate to a head.

4) The ultimate solution to these shootings is not gun control or school security...it is dealing with the issues that lead today’s teens to the callous, depressed state of mind where they can joyously slaughter their classmates. I would submit this is not going to be an easy task given the breakdown of the American family unit. I would further postulate that the attack on family and religious values has been deliberate, systematic and continues today. Gender confusion, relativism and humanism are what’s taught in our government schools now. Moral absolutes are old fashioned and racist now.

5)The rapid increase of medicating young kids while exposing them to 3D violence in film and video games is bearing the fruit you would expect...teens with no conscience who take out their anger on innocent peers.

Did I leave anything out?

There are no more guns today as a percentage of households than there were a generation, or two, or three ago (actually less). That is a FACT.
The only thing that has changed is societal norms.
1) It's now normal and celebrated and protected with religious fervor to kill the unborn. If you think that doesn't set a new 'standard' for how we view the value of life and that of our fellow man, well, your naivety is showing.
2) We now want chemically induced conformity on one hand (and dispense it like candy) while berating the same kids to celebrate 'diversity'.
3) There are no more gender roles. Literally none.
4) A generation ago a yellow smiley face gobbling up ghosts and dots for points was video entertainment. Now executing cops with head shots is.
5) A generation ago a single parent household was looked at with pity. Now it is 'admirable'.
6) Outward expressions of faith by school children, once expected, are now openly ridiculed and suppressed.
7) The liberal college professors of a generation ago, would look like right wing nut jobs today.
The unspeakable of yesterday, is now the worshipped today. This has happened in a single generation.
Discount societal changes all you want. Any one thing cause these shooters? No. But the ONE thing that doesn't CAUSE them is the "lack of sensible gun laws".
Passing gun laws is easy to understand (for the simple minded masses) and helps the numb masses feel like they are "doing something" and allows the agenda driven politicians to advance the ball. Confiscation IS the end goal and is the only logical conclusion for anyone who supports tougher gun laws.
My son has never been put on medication, though it has been suggested. He has never played a FPS game. Not because it is forbidden, he finds them disgusting. Only video games he plays are racing games and then rarely. Matter of fact he hasn't played this entire school year. Why? Because his grades aren't where they should be. Imagine that. A kid suffering consequences for not doing what he needs to. He has access to loaded firearms even when he's alone at home. He knows that if he ever touches one when I'm not around, it better be to shoot an intruder, period.
Millions of kids never inflict violence on anyone every single day. Yet an increasing number are viewing it as acceptable. They are being raised in a world and in a country that does very little to thwart their perversions.
It's only going to get worse. That is also a fact. As a disgusting idiot once said... "America's chickens.... are coming home to roost!"

There are no more guns today as a percentage of households than there were a generation, or two, or three ago (actually less). That is a FACT.
The only thing that has changed is societal norms.
1) It's now normal and celebrated and protected with religious fervor to kill the unborn. If you think that doesn't set a new 'standard' for how we view the value of life and that of our fellow man, well, your naivety is showing.
2) We now want chemically induced conformity on one hand (and dispense it like candy) while berating the same kids to celebrate 'diversity'.
3) There are no more gender roles. Literally none.
4) A generation ago a yellow smiley face gobbling up ghosts and dots for points was video entertainment. Now executing cops with head shots is.
5) A generation ago a single parent household was looked at with pity. Now it is 'admirable'.
6) Outward expressions of faith by school children, once expected, are now openly ridiculed and suppressed.
7) The liberal college professors of a generation ago, would look like right wing nut jobs today.
The unspeakable of yesterday, is now the worshipped today. This has happened in a single generation.
Discount societal changes all you want. Any one thing cause these shooters? No. But the ONE thing that doesn't CAUSE them is the "lack of sensible gun laws".
Passing gun laws is easy to understand (for the simple minded masses) and helps the numb masses feel like they are "doing something" and allows the agenda driven politicians to advance the ball. Confiscation IS the end goal and is the only logical conclusion for anyone who supports tougher gun laws.
My son has never been put on medication, though it has been suggested. He has never played a FPS game. Not because it is forbidden, he finds them disgusting. Only video games he plays are racing games and then rarely. Matter of fact he hasn't played this entire school year. Why? Because his grades aren't where they should be. Imagine that. A kid suffering consequences for not doing what he needs to. He has access to loaded firearms even when he's alone at home. He knows that if he ever touches one when I'm not around, it better be to shoot an intruder, period.
Millions of kids never inflict violence on anyone every single day. Yet an increasing number are viewing it as acceptable. They are being raised in a world and in a country that does very little to thwart their perversions.
It's only going to get worse. That is also a fact. As a disgusting idiot once said... "America's chickens.... are coming home to roost!"

I strongly disagree with almost everything you said ... but ... I had to comment on #1. Abortions are a root cause of mass school shootings? Not only is that absurd but abortions have reduced #5 on your list and has been linked to falling crime rates over the last half-century.

I strongly disagree with almost everything you said ... but ... I had to comment on #1. Abortions are a root cause of mass school shootings? Not only is that absurd but abortions have reduced #5 on your list and has been linked to falling crime rates over the last half-century.

Kill the criminals before they are born? Good strategy.

Back
Top Bottom