• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

And it begins....permits being revoked and guns confiscated in New York

The representations of an attorney giving his side of the story is not fact. It is merely representations of a biased attorney. I suspect there is much much more to this story.

:suspicious: An attorney with a well established pro-2nd amendment firm who has built their practice on defending gun rights has fabricated this story for...what purpose exactly? I don't fault you with being suspicious, but at what point do we accept that these things are actually happening in the U.S.? And at what point is it too late?

And how about this one? Is this one BS too?

Last edited:
This all started with the National Health Care Record Database. I told people then and I'll still say it Now this was and the BIGGEST mistake that was ever done. Your Health Care Records tell all, and WILL be used to PROFILE you for everything from Insurance, to Jobs, to Driving, to Buying or owning a Firearm. Etc Etc. This is only the Begining of things to come.

:suspicious: An attorney with a well established pro-2nd amendment firm who has built their practice on defending gun rights has fabricated this story for...what purpose exactly? I don't fault you with being suspicious, but at what point do we accept that these things are actually happening in the U.S.? And at what point is it too late?

And how about this one? Is this one BS too?

I dont know if that story is also BS and I did not say the "well respected" attorney made anything up. But as an attorney myself, I can tell you the attorneys release only the facts that are favorable to their client. The unfavoarable facts come out at hearings and in trials. Citing blogs and new stories from obscure internet websites does not make something a fact. The real facts come out at the end...not the beginning.

I dont know if that story is also BS and I did not say the "well respected" attorney made anything up. But as an attorney myself, I can tell you the attorneys release only the facts that are favorable to their client. The unfavoarable facts come out at hearings and in trials. Citing blogs and new stories from obscure internet websites does not make something a fact. The real facts come out at the end...not the beginning.

I didn't say "well respected attorney" I said "well established firm". I'm not a lawyer but I've spent countless hours in courtrooms, as a LEO and as a consultant. I understand how the facts come out. More accurately, I understand that the actual facts frequently don't come out at all.

That said, I still don't understand your unwillingness to even entertain the possibility that this is true, especially given NY state's historic anti-gun and anti-freedom policies. Nor do I see how Tresmond would go public and on air with this story if it could be easily debunked by the state. The interview was on WBEN talk radio in Buffalo, NY, not just "obscure internet websites". Hopefully more corroboration will surface with time.

I didn't say "well respected attorney" I said "well established firm". I'm not a lawyer but I've spent countless hours in courtrooms, as a LEO and as a consultant. I understand how the facts come out. More accurately, I understand that the actual facts frequently don't come out at all.

That said, I still don't understand your unwillingness to even entertain the possibility that this is true, especially given NY state's historic anti-gun and anti-freedom policies. Nor do I see how Tresmond would go public and on air with this story if it could be easily debunked by the state. The interview was on WBEN talk radio in Buffalo, NY, not just "obscure internet websites". Hopefully more corroboration will surface with time.

I am not unwilling at all. But the information provided seems extremely devoid of facts. Also, the fact that this has only happened to one person makes it seem even more unbelieveable. I am gussing their are millions of gun owners in New York who are on an anti-anxiety or antidepressant of some kind. It makes no sense that 1 person would be targeted in this way. Starting a thread that says "it begins" implies quite a bit on just a few facts.

Well respected federal prosecutors made the decision to arrest these evil militia members. http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/03/30/michigan.militia.arrests/index.html Based on the facts in the news article and representations of the prosecutors, these were evil men out to kill innocent people. This story was everywhere and painted a very slanted view of these men and women.

Fast forward a couple months and a judge releases everyone pending trial after hearing the actual evidence. In other words, these people were a threat to no one. http://www.wilx.com/newsletter/headlines/92679524.html

All I am saying is that “initial” reports of anything quoting only one side of the story are rarely accurate. The left uses that tactic against the right all the time., i.e., fanciful outrageous stories of misinformation with no follow up to clarify the initial inaccurate "story" or add the "rest of the facts". For all you know, this guy in the OP told his doctor that he was feeling suicidal....or his wife called in a report that he was unstable, off his meds, and acting dangerous... Maybe the facts in the OP are 100% correct and there is nothing more to the story. I doubt it. But who knows? I will be interested to hear the rest of the story once this gets litigated.

4. NY residents should be asking how many NY law enforcement officers and National Guard members have been or are currently on any type of anti-anxiety or anti-depressant medications.

I'd like to see the Governors reaction to this statement!

Again, I respect your caution and inclination to reserve judgement. For the record though, the attorney stated in the radio interview that the Tresmond firm is currently representing two separate individuals under the same circumstances, but are also aware of "several" incidents of this nature throughout the state . This does not appear to be a solitary isolated incident hence "so it begins". I guess I tend to believe in the old adage "where there's smoke there's fire". The NY State Police appear to be accessing supposedly confidential medical records and utilizing them as grounds to revoke permits and confiscate guns.

Stories of overzealous prosecutors/government officials seem to somewhat support the OP rather than debunk it though, wouldn't you say? Another question is will it ever get litigated? The plaintiff has retained counsel and filed suit but what are his options? Is there even an appellate process in NY to get your permit back once revoked?

Like you I am very interested to hear the rest of the story, not only for the 2nd amendment side of the story, but for the impact it could potentially have on finally getting the government to acknowledge the correlation between SSRI's and violent behavior. :pop2:

If this is actually happening on a large scale, everyone should hold on to their butts. I am wondering if this seeming violation of patient privacy could some how be tied to the EO signed about doctors reporting violent behavior. Also, everyone should be aware that if this is happening, its not being covered by major media. Just like the other topics that the feds want to sneak by while the media is flooded with other hot topics (IE, the Monsanto bill and Gay Marriage media storm). Lastly, i hope violence does not ensue, but i do hope that the citizens stand up for themselves. However, should violence ensue, i think particular attention should be paid to what state or government agency responds and how. Im really speaking in terms of riots. Isolated incidents will obviously be local authorities. But if large scale riots break out, and the DHS responds and creates a "martial law style" state while the violence is quelled, i think eveyone should be worried.

Back
Top Bottom