• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

New rule

I have a dozen Class-2 guns inbound from a series of auctions/lots (Poulins) I won last week. In two weeks I have half a dozen Class-3 guns coming in (Morphys) with a totaling cost of over $120K in gun purchases in the past month. I'm not an FFL, I just collect the things. If anyone is going to get their door kicked in and dog shot, it's going to be me. They have not approved any of my NFA Form-4 transfers pending since last year, when they take only a few days now-days. Guilty until proven innocent. I bet they assume I'm an unregistered dealer and will probably spring into action when I submit over a dozen 4473's next week.
Do you have a C&R ? That would be helpful.

and away we go.gif

again and again and again

Seeing as it’s near impossible to sell anything on the ODT lately, I’ve been using GB and an FFL. I even tried selling gold below spot here and had a hard time doing that. As far as making money, I’m sure I’ve lost money and made money in the past, but definitely negligible. I’m downsizing and have plenty more stuff to get rid of over the next few years. Will I make money or loose money is hard to tell when it’s been decades of collecting, hunting and shooting.
next time you want to sell below spot. send me a PM.

"Decades of collecting, hunting and shooting". And if you trade or sell and the ATF even has a hint that you are better off than you were; YOU ARE IN VIOLATION.

Remember that any firearm that the ATF thinks might be used for self defense MUST GO THROUGH A FFL 4437, sale or trade.

Remember that any firearm that the ATF thinks might be used for self defense MUST GO THROUGH A FFL 4437, sale or trade.
Where are you getting your information, I ask this because after reading the rule multiple times, there is nothing I can find that says that if you sell thru an FFL that sale is good to go....It actually mentions nothing about using an FFL to conduct a private sale one way or another.

According to the rule you could use an FFL to transfer every firearm you were selling and still be charged or accused of violating the rule..

Where are you getting your information, I ask this because after reading the rule multiple times, there is nothing I can find that says that if you sell thru an FFL that sale is good to go....It actually mentions nothing about using an FFL to conduct a private sale one way or another.

According to the rule you could use an FFL to transfer every firearm you were selling and still be charged or accused of violating the rule..
You may be correct. My post was in response to a posted comment that he thought his activity (trades or sales) wouldn't rise to the level of ATF scrutiny. Meh, carry on. Not enough agents to police this rule change

You would certainly have a better chance of evading prosecution if all of your transactions were conducted via 4437. Particularly if the item could be considered a self defense firearm.

Presumption of guilt, VS presumption of innocence.

The burden of proof shifts from the prosecution to prove that you are guilty, to the defense. To prove you are not guilty, with these changes in the law/definitions.

Back
Top Bottom