and the ak47 hype begins

Seeing that Saiga's arent going to imported anymore I would expect them to bring a premium.

I have a Saiga Ak74, very nice rifle, dont really need it, but I cant decide if I should hang onto it, or sell it.

Thoughts?

Well if you sell it for more than it cost you, you'll be labeled as a gouger and will be placed on ignore lists apparently (not by me). If the import ban lasts forever you'd be able to sell for more in the future. If you want to speculate that it's temporary, see if someone is willing to pay for it now.

They still have over 1500 of these. I'm waiting for free shipping to return.

hFB9A961F

Well if you sell it for more than it cost you, you'll be labeled as a gouger and will be placed on ignore lists apparently (not by me). If the import ban lasts forever you'd be able to sell for more in the future. If you want to speculate that it's temporary, see if someone is willing to pay for it now.

Do executive orders expire?

Nothing....

I was speaking from a collector's standpoint.

Lots of stuff out there that guys pay more for because they aren't made any longer, pre-lock Smiths, Snake Colts, etc.
ya i get there is a niche alot of folks fill and can command a higher price. thats why i would wait and see if it remains high personally. i think getting firearms (generally) as an investment with the belief that it will increase exponentially is a hard sell much of the time and you end up having an expensive gun thats hard to move at its "value".

but what do i know, i just shoot them more than anything

if they do free shipping on those, I wont be able to resist any longer lol

They have once or twice. With that many in-stock, free shipping will return before they're gone. Human nature is a funny thing. We don't want something until it appears unique because of high-cost or that there is a limited quantity. The best way to approach these types of panics is to buy stuff that is cheap and seems like it will be available forever. My guess is people will be tapped out that much more by the Russian KC import ban so the VZ2008 won't sell quickly. I wouldn't be surprised to see free shipping and a lower price.

Back
Top Bottom