• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

And This Was Our Playground... No Sissified Boys ... lol

212432090_10222618313345623_2609425004473424065_n.jpg

Ah, the best of the 1970s. The inertia of that thing, once we got it going...sheer awesomeness.

I twisted my ankle on one of these at Callaway Gardens as a grown-ass man pushing my children years ago.... bet it's not there anymore......

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk
If you live close enough to Fort Valley there's a tpuristy place there called Lane Southern Orchard. Used to be just plain old Lane Packing. Anyway it's a restaurant surrounded by peach orchards and a corn maze. They have a playground with a merry fo round just like in the pic. I know because I wore my fat ass out several times while my last daughter ( the one in my avatar pic) was hollering " Faster faster keep spinning..."

If you live close enough to Fort Valley there's a tpuristy place there called Lane Southern Orchard. Used to be just plain old Lane Packing. Anyway it's a restaurant surrounded by peach orchards and a corn maze. They have a playground with a merry fo round just like in the pic. I know because I wore my fat ass out several times while my last daughter ( the one in my avatar pic) was hollering " Faster faster keep spinning..."
Great place, touristy indeed, but still good fun. :D

Great place, touristy indeed, but still good fun. :D
Only problem was when we live on that same road. There was always some Buick or Cadillac with yankee plates going under the speed limit and taking half a day to turn into the Lane driveway. Or...there was a tractor pulling trailers at full speed ( about 35 mph) blocking traffic.

We had one at Beulah Elementary School. I remember knocking 2 teeth out at recess, put them in my pocket, climbed the fence, ran 1/2 mile to my Grandma's house to give her my teeth. Ran back to the playground, climbed over the fence, and make it back in time. All while bleeding from my mouth. Let's see some whiny sissy boy do that. MRH MRH will vouch for the 1/2 mile distance from the playground to my Grandma's.

And we manufactured from our skates, the first skateboards that we rode down a steel hill about 1/4 mile past 5 intersections. Crashes didn't involve an ER, heck we didn't even have one in Roswell, 60's. Not one of us had adhd, ibs, ptsd, or any of the alphabet soup ailments that abound nowadays when snow can melt down at any temp.
Just like these,
CAk7D79UYAA8qk3.jpg:large
Custom,big bucks in today's market.

We had one at Beulah Elementary School. I remember knocking 2 teeth out at recess, put them in my pocket, climbed the fence, ran 1/2 mile to my Grandma's house to give her my teeth. Ran back to the playground, climbed over the fence, and make it back in time. All while bleeding from my mouth. Let's see some whiny sissy boy do that. MRH MRH will vouch for the 1/2 mile distance from the playground to my Grandma's.

I don't even know if it was that far. I remember it was a tough but great neighborhood for growing up. Just be prepared to take some knocks along the way.

Your grandma was the coolest!

I always got a chuckle at the pool sign. "We don't swin in your toilet. Please don't pee in our pool." LOL

Back
Top Bottom