• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Annoying Colt Large Pivot Pins

House Tiger

Default rank <100 posts Supporter
Hunter
2   0
Reaction score
I've got a large pin Colt AR bought in the early 1990s. Unfortunately it has the .315" diameter pivot pins. Since then I've aquired a number of conventional size lowers and uppers with the .250" pins. I'd like the option of swapping the Colt upper onto other lowers from time to time, and other uppers to the Colt lower. I've tried the small pin upper to large pin lower offset screw on and that's not to my liking.

Fulton Armory and a few others have offest pivot pin bushings that allow the conversion of the upper. My question: If I had three of those bushings, could they be installed on both the Colt upper and lower in such position to allow a mix-and-match at will ?? i.e. render the Colt receivers a standard size for all intents and purposes ???

Thanks in advance.

Colt Offset Bushing.jpg

Thank you for the response. My thought with regard to fragility was that a .250" bushing set with something like maybe JB Weld (or similar adhesive) would be a stronger overall than the thinner .315" hole.

My ultimate goal is to get away from the .315" pin receivers altogether, even if it means selling off, or trading my Colts for something like a PSA, or Aero, and the like . . . I have NO allegiance to anything from Colt. :)

Back
Top Bottom