• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Another Big Cat in Gilmer Co

QUOTE="mattp38, post: 4758852, member: 26416"]Where at? I live here also, and saw one a few years back on rocky hollow.[/QUOTE]

="mattp38, post: 4758852, member: 26416"]Where at? I live here also, and saw one a few years back on rocky hollow.[/QUOTE]Over in Haywood Valley ...

QUOTE="mattp38, post: 4758852, member: 26416"]Where at? I live here also, and saw one a few years back on rocky hollow.

="mattp38, post: 4758852, member: 26416"]Where at? I live here also, and saw one a few years back on rocky hollow.[/QUOTE]Over in Haywood Valley ...[/QUOTE]
I hunt in Subligna, and though I haven't seen one, most of the people I know over there have.

I'm not a big conspiracy theorists, but I believe that the States are turning them loose to control coyotes & other pest. I grew up in Southern Illinois & big cats, bears & even wolves have been mysteriously showing up around my family's farm. Having grown up in the woods & fields huntin & fishin there were NEVER any large predators other than coyotes. Now reports & pics are all over. I truly believe that the DNR is turning these critters loose.

Item Name: Another Big Cat in Gilmer Co

Zip Code: 30540

Item is for: Sale Only

Sale Price: 1.00

Caliber: None

Willing To Ship: No

Bill of Sale Required: No

Item Description:
Another Big Cat caught on trail camera in Gilmer Co.!!!

Pictures:
1407978025_1.jpg
this was a hoax all the way...I know the one who did it..total BS..this pix was taken off the internet...there was NO real kitty saw in gilmer except maybe some hotties saw at the local star bux..I have been in the mtns all my life..never saw even one..keep hearing they are all over..not true..only bob cats..

I think the correct description of the "official" stance of DNR would probably be that there is not enough evidence to say that there is a viable breeding population in the northern part of the state. I am pretty sure that some cats have gotten out form a refuge in Ellijay.

They say they have never lost a cat. They also have said that sometimes when one of their females go into heat, they hear someone in the woods (not one of theirs) calling.

this was a hoax all the way...I know the one who did it..total BS..this pix was taken off the internet...there was NO real kitty saw in gilmer except maybe some hotties saw at the local star bux..I have been in the mtns all my life..never saw even one..keep hearing they are all over..not true..only bob cats..

I would not be surprised to learn it was a hoax. But I would also not be surprised if it were real. I don't think we have breeding pairs in GA, but based on the range of lions, they have to be passing through the state.

Back
Top Bottom