• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Another Big Cat in Gilmer Co

I have yet to see a price posted other than $1.00. If that price is correct, I will take it, depending on round count and if OP will deliver. Will consider meeting halfway, however, I will need to take your cage, as transferring to another cage is a dicey proposition at best.

I think it's hilarious that DNR denies that they exist in GA. Too many people have seen them. I saw one about 4 years ago cross the road in front of me in Chattooga county at like 11 at night. I read an article about tracking large cats in the US, they had placed a tracking collar on a cougar in South Dakota, and over the course of like 5 years it had went all the way north into Canada, around the Great Lakes, and back into the US through Maine before being struck by a car and killed in New Jersey. All that to say, if one cat traveled that far in search of food, breeding, etc..., then they have no clue to definitively say where all they are. Great Picture!!! Sorry for the rant... :)

I think it's hilarious that DNR denies that they exist in GA. Too many people have seen them. I saw one about 4 years ago cross the road in front of me in Chattooga county at like 11 at night. I read an article about tracking large cats in the US, they had placed a tracking collar on a cougar in South Dakota, and over the course of like 5 years it had went all the way north into Canada, around the Great Lakes, and back into the US through Maine before being struck by a car and killed in New Jersey. All that to say, if one cat traveled that far in search of food, breeding, etc..., then they have no clue to definitively say where all they are. Great Picture!!! Sorry for the rant... :)
I find it hilarious that people claim DNR denies they exist in GA yet DNR has them listed on their website as a native species. There is no evidence that there are any populations living and breeding in Georgia but no evidence is not the same as denial. As you mentioned, we all know they do a good bit of traveling around. Passers through would not be just possible but is to be expected even if none are currently calling Georgia home. The one I saw here in my yard a few years ago, never came back as far as I know. But I don't sit outside watching for them all the time either...so who knows?

I find it hilarious that people claim DNR denies they exist in GA yet DNR has them listed on their website as a native species. There is no evidence that there are any populations living and breeding in Georgia but no evidence is not the same as denial. As you mentioned, we all know they do a good bit of traveling around. Passers through would not be just possible but is to be expected even if none are currently calling Georgia home. The one I saw here in my yard a few years ago, never came back as far as I know. But I don't sit outside watching for them all the time either...so who knows?
True... The only reason that I say DNR denies it is because of DNR officials I've asked about it. I understand that is not an official stance of an entire department, but rather, certain individuals. Poor choice of words on my part.:)

tapatalk.imageshack.com_v2_14_10_17_fc283778bd66ef05e7274e458f1266d2.jpg
tapatalk.imageshack.com_v2_14_10_17_4f351c6d2eb37bf7086f877c6decdb5c.jpg
blow the dark pic up and tell me y'all's take.
If it's anything at all, it's a pig leaning into a tree and rubbing.

You have to admit its kind of funny when an animal known for inhabiting your neighboring state the DNR or others negate a claim of their existence in your state . Another example of why we need to secure our borders.:laser:

Back
Top Bottom