• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Another COVID plandemic side effect

ODT members a little less friendly these days…

• Yay

Votes: 11 28.9%
  • Nay

Votes: 2 5.3%
  • Everyone just needs more tacos

Votes: 25 65.8%

• Total voters
General lack of civility. Everyone is edgy and worried.
There used to be a rather small central core membership that has largely left the site or been diluted by it's massive growth.
We used to say that a true southerner would be polite right up until the point he was ready to kill you. Apparently manners and decorum are no longer taught and that too has been diluted by the influence of less genteel transplants.
well said

People around ODT seem to be really testy in PMs lately. This place - in general - is pretty friendly, but even established long-timers seem curt and short. I try and say good morning/afternoon/evening, thanks for considering, thanks for your time, etc.

Anyone else notice? Am I missing something? Everyone just getting tired of all the BS going on in the world.
SHUT YER PIE HOLE!!!!

;) :) :p

Isolation..... culturally and individually...eventually impedes social grace and civility. As little as the social engineering imposed has affected my lifestyle it has put dampers on attending events, getting together with friends, going "out"....etc. I hope I am not short or curt with folks. I just long for a time like I grew up in for my boys. Freedom, decency, civility, and less 24/7 instant fear mongering media reports. Just treat others like you want to be treated.

It's simple. Has nothing to do with COVID or courtesy then and now. If you are the buyer and you have an over the top level of courtesy, the seller feels like they are doing so to eventually try and undercut their price or trade. The seller either understands it's just someone that is polite and that's just who they are or they become a defensive a-hole expecting to be lowballed.

I don't care if I miss out on a deal if someone is being a prick. Just saves me time, money and energy and not having to deal with the mentally unstable.

That being said, I will wholeheartedly match 1:1 someone's pettiness, just to show them how dumb they are acting.

The last offer I made on a gun was met with a nice but simple “ no thanks “. I am perfectly fine with that.
That’s usually on point with what I get or give, but I recently inquired about a gun and asked a few questions… didn’t really get straight answers, and when I ended any further discussion with GLWS, I was met with “So why exactly did you contact me?”

Sorry, but just because I initiate contact doesn’t mean I’m obligated to buy or even make a serious play for your item.

Didn’t make this to call anyone out, just discuss that we all need to chill and remember the kind of community we want.

Back
Top Bottom