• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Another deadly force thread

Here's my thing. I'm 6'1, 170 wet. I can fight, but not like a hardened thug. That being said, if you assault me, I don't know your intentions. You could want to rape me for all I know, or at any time he may pull a knife and end the fight. If I'm minding my own business, and you assault me, I'm in fear for my life. That's when training kicks in, move away from the threat quickly while drawing Ans screaming drop your weapon at the top of my lungs. That serves a couple purposes. The first being that if I didn't kill the suspect, hell even know I gave him the chance to stand down. At the same time, witnesses will also hear this, the police will hear it, and it helps me in court. The other purpose is that hopefully my screaming drop your weapon while drawing and moving will give him the few seconds to get a change of heart and flee. If he continues coming upon my verbal warning and brandishing, then he further proves my point that I should be in fear of my life. However it goes down, ill tell the cops this phrase. "I was in fear for my life, I need to speak to my attorney" I'm not saying anything with adrenaline in my veins, chances are I could say the wrong thing.

Here's my thing. I'm 6'1, 170 wet. I can fight, but not like a hardened thug. That being said, if you assault me, I don't know your intentions. You could want to rape me for all I know, or at any time he may pull a knife and end the fight. If I'm minding my own business, and you assault me, I'm in fear for my life. That's when training kicks in, move away from the threat quickly while drawing Ans screaming drop your weapon at the top of my lungs. That serves a couple purposes. The first being that if I didn't kill the suspect, hell even know I gave him the chance to stand down. At the same time, witnesses will also hear this, the police will hear it, and it helps me in court. The other purpose is that hopefully my screaming drop your weapon while drawing and moving will give him the few seconds to get a change of heart and flee. If he continues coming upon my verbal warning and brandishing, then he further proves my point that I should be in fear of my life. However it goes down, ill tell the cops this phrase. "I was in fear for my life, I need to speak to my attorney" I'm not saying anything with adrenaline in my veins, chances are I could say the wrong thing.

What if he doesnt have a weapon?

Just wondering if you would scream "DROP YOUR WEAPON" to someone coming at you with their fists raised.
It was one of the things will taught us. The fact that. You shouted a verbal command to stop the attacker before resorting to lethal force weighs in your favor.

Im sure it might, if someone was there to hear it and testify. I am just dubious of the whole "ANY assault equals fear of life and limb" debate. Think how you wanna think, I just dont agree.

Im sure it might, if someone was there to hear it and testify. I am just dubious of the whole "ANY assault equals fear of life and limb" debate. Think how you wanna think, I just dont agree.

Understood completely, but you never know their intent, if the situation escalates to your face getting stomped in, then your weapon is rendered useless. If you change the situation he may pull a knife or gun and end you. Hopefully neither of us get attacked, but I can only hope that shouting a command while drawing will stop the threat. The shooting only occurs if the threat keeps coming.

- - - Updated - - -

KKilling someone is something I hope to never do

I also disagree with that line of thinking...if a guy bows up on me and we fistfight even though I have a gun, it's staying holstered. But then again, I'm not 6'1", 170lbs. Pulling at any threat is what caused the "gunfight in every street" mentality when concealed carry began.

Best advice I can give you is to live a life that puts you in a position to know that the only conflict you'll ever be in is life & death.

I don't put myself in situations such as Zimmerman.. treyvon was in fear, not Zimmerman. I'm not a party Guy, bar Guy etc.. if someone attacks me, its with malicious intent.

Not to get away from the theme of this thread, but here's the skinny on Zimmerman.

What I'm about to say comes from the video of the interview by police, of Zimmerman, a few days after the incident at the scene. According to Zimmerman he saw Trayvon Martin peering into the back windows of apartments, so he called police and fallowed. (maybe not the smartest move, but legal) He got out of his vehicle to look at the street sign in order to inform the police of the location. Again according to Zimmerman, it was at this point that Tayvon attacked Zimmerman for fallowing him. Remember, Trayvon was not the small kid shown in most news reports. He was full grown and over 6'. Zimmerman said that Tayvon took him to the ground, got on top of him, and started bashing his head into the pavement and punching him while Zimmerman screamed for help. This account was given before the 911 tapes were released and you can hear screams for help in the call (I'm just saying). I will say that the physical evidence supports at least this part (the fight). In the video you can see that Zimmeran had wounds to the back of his head and what appears to be a broken nose, but no offensive wounds like swollen hands or scraped knuckles. On the other hand the autopsy showed that Trayvon only had offensive wounds to his hands, besides the obvious gun shot wound. At this point and again according to Zimmerman, Trayvon looked down and noticed Zimmerman's Kel tec PF9. Trayvon then said "you're going to die tonight motherf*$%er" and made a move for Zimmerman's pistol, but Zimmerman was faster, pulled his weapon and fired once. Again I will say this is Zimmerman's account. If this is all true then he was justified because there would be opportunity, capability, and jeopardy. From the physical evidence, I believe him, with one questionable part. I don't know if I fully buy the story leading up the confrontation, it comes down to whether or not Zimmerman was the aggressor in the fight, but then again, with the only offensive wounds being on Trayvon, it would seem that Zimmerman was not.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom