• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Another example why police departments need to stop high speed pursuits over traffic stop!

What if they had just murdered someone, or had jsut committed some other crime and this stop could have discovered that? You stop chasing them and it opens up a whole new attitude for these purps if they know they will not be chased. They will escalate the violence. I hate it when innocent people get hurt but it happens in the name of law and order.JMO

Since when does it only take 80 mph to out run the cops ?

"Police lost sight of him when he turned off his lights and reached a speed of 80 mph"

Since when does it only take 80 mph to out run the cops ?

"Police lost sight of him when he turned off his lights and reached a speed of 80 mph"

Possibly a dept policy to stop chases at 80mph.
Or they're just idiots who were completely baffled when the vehicle just disappeared into what can only be described as a Bermuda triangle like location where all contact is lost, or maybe alien abduction.

I remember a Bowdon police officer telling me once a long time ago, (city police)
"When I get to 75 mph, that's it. I'm not going over 75, I don't care who i'm chasing"

He probably would have gone faster if he could. The article did say he was driving a Dodge Charger. :D

You have to remember a police officer is trained to react to the given situation. Safety is premier in any police action. Risk is a part of the training. Other officers and agencies because of the use of police radios were aware of the chase and their training was enacted and would have been involved to increase public safety. Just did not get to that point because of time. Percentage wise incidents like this end without tragedy because of police training. You just hear about the ones that do not like this one. You are premature in your assessment.

Councilman, deputy sheriff, fireman and navy veteran. I have been there.

Last edited:
What if they had just murdered someone, or had jsut committed some other crime and this stop could have discovered that? You stop chasing them and it opens up a whole new attitude for these purps if they know they will not be chased. They will escalate the violence. I hate it when innocent people get hurt but it happens in the name of law and order.JMO

what if they didnt?

assuming people are guilty of worse crimes is part of the reason cops take such an agressive approach to their fellow citizens

terrible attitude to have

Back
Top Bottom