• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Another LR/ELR weekend Oct 21-22 at the Arena in Blakely GA

Gert van Rooyen

Default rank <300 posts
Tracker
13   0
Reaction score
Good Afternoon All,

We had a very successful long range/ extended long range shooting weekend at the Arena Training Facility UDR (unknown distance range) last summer and want to have a repeat, follow the link if you want to read up on the event comments at the end. We had a total of 21 folks that joined over the weekend 13 of those for the entire weekend and 8 elected to go for a day. We started the event on Friday midday and until Sunday and quite a few of us were shooting until almost completely dark. We had a mix of very experienced ELR shooters (competitive shooters) all the way to novices and the help from the experienced guys were invaluable with both shooting and spotting. This was almost the perfect environment for me as a novice to learn from experienced guys and also implement what I have learnt from other training classes like the precision rifle class by cmshoot. I selected a weekend in the fall with the hope that the temps will be better and the mirage not as bad as it was last summer. With the total of 21 shooters and the mix between full weekend and day shooters as described above the rental for the weekend was covered at $170/ weekend shooter and 80/day shooter. I selected to stay in the cabin on campus and for me it was by far the best solution logistically and were able to cook out and hang out with the other guys. They have opened reservations for the cabins as well.

There is a lot of time to prep, save up for the range fees, get approval from the boss, get a gun, etc. until the weekend in October. I will start a roster same as last time.

Hope to see you there.

Attachments

• fourteen-1-1024x684.jpg
    fourteen-1-1024x684.jpg
    157.9 KB · Views: 41
Back
Top Bottom