• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Another reason to leave Matthews/Mission on the shelf.

gaarcher

Default rank <500 posts
Survivalist
15   0
Reaction score
I was in the sporting goods industry about 8-10 years ago. I'm not surprised to see how all of these bows have copied the parallel limb design of the original Mathews bows. It was innovative and effective. I don't have any comment related to the grip per se, but it's interesting to see how these implements have changed over the years. This is the first new bow I've seen since back in 2003 or so, lol.

I was in the sporting goods industry about 8-10 years ago. I'm not surprised to see how all of these bows have copied the parallel limb design of the original Mathews bows. It was innovative and effective. I don't have any comment related to the grip per se, but it's interesting to see how these implements have changed over the years. This is the first new bow I've seen since back in 2003 or so, lol.
While I'll agree that Matthews was the first to use the the term "parallel", Bowtech's Patriot was the first parallel limbed bow.

I like the grip on the mathews drenalin I have. But I don't own a glock cause I don't like the grip. So I might just be weird like that.

Got it on trade so I didn't go thru a shop and pick it out. If it did I'd probably have went with something different.

Now I shoot my friends target bow yea the mathews is like shooting a boomhandle with fishing string it feels that awful against his.
But its a hoyt pro edge elite that was one mean shooting machine.

I'm not a brand person unless it's a truck then that's totally different.

The real reason for not buying a Matthews anymore is in the comments section of this article. The archery shop did an unbiased testing of flagship bows for F&S, and because they didn't rate the Matthews bow high they are no longer allowed to sell the product.

Back
Top Bottom