• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Tried and true methods to bag foxes?

Having the same issue. Live catch cage traps don’t work. Cant use leg hold traps due to cat/dog. Have 2 creeks converging in a valley my house is in as well. Don’t understand rabbits don’t seem to be suffering. Son heard a ruckus other night & chased a fox with chicken in its mouth until it got to the wood line & let it go. It ended up dying.
Have possum & coons but nothing on camera but didn’t have camera on coop just creek travel corridors as I was sure they were using those creek beds

Don't believe I need an agency's permission when Georgia law is already clear on this: Justifiable to kill an animal if one reasonably believes it is necessary to defend against an imminent threat to other animals or property.

The physical evidence: Dead and wounded birds with bite wounds, piles of feathers, patterns of killing particular to a fox, a fox sighted trying to retrieve a chicken it had taken. And my wife actually witnessed an attack yesterday. After two weeks of this, I think it's fair to say any fox sighted on my property is an imminent threat to our livestock.
Agreed. DNR would be the LAST people I would call about my property.

Tannerite in the foxhole.
I was thinking a foothold trap around the hole, or leave the dead chicken where you found him and place a foothold there…That is, if it’s a spot on the property where the dog doesn’t roam.

You could always tie up a chicken in the woods and use it for bait.

Put out the call on ODT for one of the night vision geeks to come over. Tie the chicken up outside in the perfect place.
Bet it wouldn't take sitting more than an hour or two.

After losing dozens of chickens and ducks over the course of several years to foxes and hawks; we finally just gave up. We only managed to "catch" two of the foxes w/ a .22lr. Although, I also saw a bobcat getting ready to pounce one night, but was unable to get a shot off. I figured the wildlife needed to eat too :)

My uncle I told the funny story about used wildcat urine to attract them to the trap. That stuff worked like a charm and brought in all kinds of animals.
Either that or pay someone to lay on you roof with a thermal scope ans pop his behind on entry or exit. See up bait just like feeding deer and be ready for him . Before you do anything though speak to the game warden and write his name down that way if any thing goes down you have proof that the game warden gave you permission to dispatch the animal.

Back
Top Bottom