• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Another snake killed on the property

If you understood their place in nature, you would want them all to live. And...I've had several buddies bitten by venomous snakes. Nether they nor I want them to die. Why? In each case it was handling errors that could have/should have been avoided...clearly not the animal's fault.

No assistance should be given to jackasses handling venomous snakes by EMT's or any emergency rooms for that matter. . . . Stick your hand in a fire and then want burn creme?, nah let 'em suffer
Since it's not the snakes fault, walking through the woods and it strikes your leg it's the walkers fault? pfff sounds like tree hugging, LGBT logic!

Last edited:
I hate all dogs that start with "P" (Poodles, Pomeranians, Pekingese, Pugs, Pit Bulls...) Does this mean I should kill them all just because I "hate" them? I hate Bradford pear trees too. Should I cut down every one I see?
That isn't even a close comparison. Why bother even trying. Snake haters kill snakes. It's just the way it is.

No assistance should be given to jackasses handling venomous snakes by EMT's or any emergency rooms for that matter. . . . Stick your hand in a fire and then want burn creme?, nah let 'em suffer
Since it's not the snakes fault, walking through the woods and it strikes your leg it's the walkers fault? pfff sounds like tree hugging, LGBT logic!

I was gonna reply to the snake lovers post but you just said word for word EXACTLY what I was about to type. Well said my friend.

Big macho man bragging about killing a little old rattlesnake out in the middle of nowhere bothering nobody. All you had to do was keep walking. It wouldn't have chased you down. For the record, "macho man" was sarcasm in case you didn't catch that. :)
No, but the next person may not be so lucky. Regardless of how YOU feel, I will kill every poisonous snake I can.

I was gonna reply to the snake lovers post but you just said word for word EXACTLY what I was about to type. Well said my friend.

You always have somebody saying don't kill it. It's ****ing venomous. . . hell yea you need to kill it, not play with it. I can understand logic behind not killing a black or kingsnake but, for **** sake. . walking out on my property and the next thing i know i'm in a hospital about to lose half of one of my limbs or even worse.??and it's not their fault?? :confused:

If you understood their place in nature, you would want them all to live. And...I've had several buddies bitten by venomous snakes. Nether they nor I want them to die. Why? In each case it was handling errors that could have/should have been avoided...clearly not the animal's fault.

And by handling errors you mean they neglected to kill the snake and cut its head off prior to handling right?

So if you accidentally shoot yourself while cleaning your gun, you wouldn't want assistance? If you are driving over the speed limit and wreck, we should just leave you on the side of the road to bleed out?

Thanks to people that care to learn about the animals rather than just ignorantly kill them due to complete irrational fear, venom research has produced some exciting new advancements in medicine. I hope human ignorance doesn't cause extinction of anything we need right as we are in the beginnings of understanding them and finding uses for them. Already, the 10 people a year that die in the US from snake bites are offset by the many lives saved. Gila monster venom is being used to treat type 2 diabetes, copperhead venom to stop tumors from producing new blood vessels thus stopping tumor growth in many types of cancers. There are many other examples of drugs being made by all sorts of proteins found in various venoms that treat or cure all sorts of nasty diseases. Also, learning about them rather than being big sissy douche bags, gave our US Armed forces the technology to build heat seeking missiles.

Back
Top Bottom