• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Another snake killed on the property

So if you accidentally shoot yourself while cleaning your gun, you wouldn't want assistance? If you are driving over the speed limit and wreck, we should just leave you on the side of the road to bleed out?

One extreme comparison to the other to "try" and prove a point. . . yes, if my gun, truck and the speed limit is venomous, leave me there!

If you understood their place in nature, you would want them all to live. And...I've had several buddies bitten by venomous snakes. Nether they nor I want them to die. Why? In each case it was handling errors that could have/should have been avoided...clearly not the animal's fault.
Definitely No Handling Errors Here: proper trigger control, yes.

But No Handling Errors.

Thanks to people that care to learn about the animals rather than just ignorantly kill them due to complete irrational fear, venom research has produced some exciting new advancements in medicine. I hope human ignorance doesn't cause extinction of anything we need right as we are in the beginnings of understanding them and finding uses for them. Already, the 10 people a year that die in the US from snake bites are offset by the many lives saved. Gila monster venom is being used to treat type 2 diabetes, copperhead venom to stop tumors from producing new blood vessels thus stopping tumor growth in many types of cancers. There are many other examples of drugs being made by all sorts of proteins found in various venoms that treat or cure all sorts of nasty diseases. Also, learning about them rather than being big sissy douche bags, gave our US Armed forces the technology to build heat seeking missiles.
That's well and fine, really it is; Great Even.

But I honestly don't believe 1 or 2 poisonous snakes not living to the end of their "Life Cycle" will shift the Earth off it's axis.

If one bites my little boy, that becomes a big deal in my world.

If you want one of those to live long and prosper that are near my house, I suggest you go "re-home" them before I find them.

If find one on our property, it won't be hard to find later on.

It's Your choice to be a Poisonous Snake Champion, but I prefer King Snakes at my house.

There a few here that i actually think believe this
So it seems.

Hey, I get it.

Animals need defending too.

But it's not like we are trying to wipe poisonous snakes off the face of the earth: just lessen the chances of our children/other animals/ grandparents getting bitten.

It's For The Children!!!

Will that make it betterer?

LL, Liberal Logic

Back
Top Bottom